Jason Puncheon takes to Twitter to accuse Neil Warnock of being “crooked”
- January 13, 2014
After a weekend where his penalty miss at Spurs was laughed at and joked upon by many, Crystal Palace midfielder Jason Puncheon came out fighting on Twitter this morning.
Puncheon was listening to TalkSport, the choice of many footballers, and took offence to Neil Warnock’s assessment of the penalty miss and their relationship together.
Warnock took Puncheon to QPR in 2011 – one of his many loan spells from Southampton.
And the former Sheffield United boss lamented the spot kick from Puncheon – saying the Crystal Palace midfielder could take a 35-yard free-kick but is no good at penalties.
One of the Tweets has since been removed and we could well see this story run and run – especially if Neil Warnock, a man known to enjoy a scrap – takes it to the lawyers…
The third Tweet from the top was removed – suggesting Warnock received payment from players to get in the team!
UPDATE: Now all the Tweets above have been removed by Jason Puncheon.
Listen to Neil Warnock’s comments about Jason Puncheon below.
- Chelsea loanee Patrick Bamford scores 20-minute hat-trick for Crystal Palace (Video)
- Rui Patricio (Sporting CP) makes Gordon Banks-esque save to deny Crystal Palace (Video)
- Patrick Bamford admits it was an easy decision to leave Chelsea for Crystal Palace [Video]
- Patrick Bamford moves to Crystal Palace on season-long loan after signing new Chelsea deal
- Chelsea’s Patrick Bamford set for 1-year loan deal at Crystal Palace [Mail]
- Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is lauded for having ‘Pards’ printed on his...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi