- Chelsea send a warning letter to a fan about standing on his seat during a goal celebration [Picture]
- Chelsea announce Fernando Torres has joined AC Milan (ahead of Atletico Madrid move)
- Arsenal fan membership is confiscated for persistent standing whilst fans stand around him [Pictures]
- Luke Shaw is in Man United squad for Spurs trip [Ashley Young Instagram picture]
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (nice trunks!) kicks a ball into a basketball net at a pool [Instagram]
Jason Puncheon takes to Twitter to accuse Neil Warnock of being “crooked”
After a weekend where his penalty miss at Spurs was laughed at and joked upon by many, Crystal Palace midfielder Jason Puncheon came out fighting on Twitter this morning.
Puncheon was listening to TalkSport, the choice of many footballers, and took offence to Neil Warnock’s assessment of the penalty miss and their relationship together.
Warnock took Puncheon to QPR in 2011 – one of his many loan spells from Southampton.
And the former Sheffield United boss lamented the spot kick from Puncheon – saying the Crystal Palace midfielder could take a 35-yard free-kick but is no good at penalties.
One of the Tweets has since been removed and we could well see this story run and run – especially if Neil Warnock, a man known to enjoy a scrap – takes it to the lawyers…
The third Tweet from the top was removed – suggesting Warnock received payment from players to get in the team!
UPDATE: Now all the Tweets above have been removed by Jason Puncheon.
Listen to Neil Warnock’s comments about Jason Puncheon below.
- Updated: January 13, 2014