Jason Puncheon takes to Twitter to accuse Neil Warnock of being “crooked”
- January 13, 2014
After a weekend where his penalty miss at Spurs was laughed at and joked upon by many, Crystal Palace midfielder Jason Puncheon came out fighting on Twitter this morning.
Puncheon was listening to TalkSport, the choice of many footballers, and took offence to Neil Warnock’s assessment of the penalty miss and their relationship together.
Warnock took Puncheon to QPR in 2011 – one of his many loan spells from Southampton.
And the former Sheffield United boss lamented the spot kick from Puncheon – saying the Crystal Palace midfielder could take a 35-yard free-kick but is no good at penalties.
One of the Tweets has since been removed and we could well see this story run and run – especially if Neil Warnock, a man known to enjoy a scrap – takes it to the lawyers…
The third Tweet from the top was removed – suggesting Warnock received payment from players to get in the team!
UPDATE: Now all the Tweets above have been removed by Jason Puncheon.
Listen to Neil Warnock’s comments about Jason Puncheon below.
- Yohan Cabaye (PSG) set for shock reunion with Alan Pardew at Crystal Palace [Mirror]
- Radamel Falcao close to Chelsea move; Crystal Palace favourites for Loic Remy [Sunday T...
- Palace fans sing ‘there’s only one Steven Gerrard’ after their win ov...
- Crystal Palace poop all over Steven Gerrard’s Liverpool swan song with an away An...
- Man United’s Juan Mata celebrates top 4 & praises David De Gea in weekly blog
- Palace’s Yannick Bolasie had a bottle thrown at him v Man United. Reacts with a s...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi