IT’S ON! Arturo Vidal has a “verbal agreement” with Man United ahead of $80m move [El Mecurcio]
Manchester United fans. Get ready to get excited.
Chilean broadsheet El Mecurcio have splashed their Tuesday paper with massive transfer news, reporting that Arturo Vidal has a “verbal agreement” with Manchester United over a move to the Premier League this summer.
According to the front page of the paper, Vidal is ready to leave Juventus to join Old Trafford provide the Scudetto champions receive a record breaking club transfer fee of $80 million for the Chilean star. Should United fail to stump up that cash, however, Vidal is said to “respect” Juventus’ decision to turn down the deal.
Inside the paper the Vidal story is continued with the fresh headline “Vidal prepares to jump from Turin to Old Trafford”, whilst adding that the Red Devils are willing to pay Vidal a massive $18m a year in salary.
Moreover, we learn that Vidal’s agent Fernando Feliecivich is due to fly into Italy to negotiate the transfer deal to Manchester United, with negotiations have been ongoing for the past two weeks already. El Mecurcio also quote an unnamed source close to Vidal, saying:
Vidal wants to leave, and he’s told his agent this. They’ve even already made a verbal agreement with Manchester. However, Arturo is very respectful towards Juve, grateful for what they’ve given him and will accept their final decision.
Manchester United appear to be tabling such huge sums of cash, as the Red Devils are unable to attract players in the promise of European football as United finished last season in 7th.
See the inside pages from El Mecurcio on the Vidal to Man United story below.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich stars Arturo Vidal & Xabi Alonso Vs 40 kids (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arturo Vidal scores Behind-the-Goal trick shot at Chile training pre-Argentina (Video)June 25, 2016
- Mixed reports surface over Arturo Vidal leaving Bayern to join ChelseaApril 27, 2016
- Arturo Vidal calls for Alexis Sanchez to quit Arsenal to join BayernApril 19, 2016
- Done deal? Gazzetta say Juventus striker Simone Zaza is joining West HamAugust 25, 2016
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte blocking Juan Cuadrado’s loan back to Juventus [Di Marzio]August 24, 2016
- Juventus close to signing Blaise Matuidi from PSG for €34m [L’Equipe]August 24, 2016
- Gonzalo Higuain scores Juventus winner 9 minutes into debut v Fiorentina (Official video)August 20, 2016
- Sun stitch up Anthony Martial claiming his personal life is negatively affecting his Man United formAugust 25, 2016
- Man United’s move for Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane [Cope]August 25, 2016
- Man Utd players warned Schweinsteiger to work on fitness and stop watching wife playing tennisAugust 24, 2016
- Golazo: Man United loanee Adnan Januzaj scores sublime winner for Sunderland (Video)August 24, 2016