IT’S ON! Arturo Vidal has a “verbal agreement” with Man United ahead of $80m move [El Mecurcio]
- July 29, 2014
Manchester United fans. Get ready to get excited.
Chilean broadsheet El Mecurcio have splashed their Tuesday paper with massive transfer news, reporting that Arturo Vidal has a “verbal agreement” with Manchester United over a move to the Premier League this summer.
According to the front page of the paper, Vidal is ready to leave Juventus to join Old Trafford provide the Scudetto champions receive a record breaking club transfer fee of $80 million for the Chilean star. Should United fail to stump up that cash, however, Vidal is said to “respect” Juventus’ decision to turn down the deal.
Inside the paper the Vidal story is continued with the fresh headline “Vidal prepares to jump from Turin to Old Trafford”, whilst adding that the Red Devils are willing to pay Vidal a massive $18m a year in salary.
Moreover, we learn that Vidal’s agent Fernando Feliecivich is due to fly into Italy to negotiate the transfer deal to Manchester United, with negotiations have been ongoing for the past two weeks already. El Mecurcio also quote an unnamed source close to Vidal, saying:
Vidal wants to leave, and he’s told his agent this. They’ve even already made a verbal agreement with Manchester. However, Arturo is very respectful towards Juve, grateful for what they’ve given him and will accept their final decision.
Manchester United appear to be tabling such huge sums of cash, as the Red Devils are unable to attract players in the promise of European football as United finished last season in 7th.
See the inside pages from El Mecurcio on the Vidal to Man United story below.
- Chile international Arturo Vidal officially signs for Bayern Munich (video)
- Juventus bid farewell to Arturo Vidal after four glorious years at the club (Video)
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich replace Man United’s Bastian Schweinsteiger with Arturo ...
- Juventus star Arturo Vidal joins Bayern Munich in £28m deal [Best Tweets]
- Arsenal pulled their interest in signing Juve’s Arturo Vidal after his DUI in Chi...
- Bayern Munich have agreed a €40m fee for Juventus star Arturo Vidal [Di Marzio]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi