Cleanin’ Out My Closet: Isco (Real Madrid) is a lifelong Barça fan whose dog’s name is Messi
- June 28, 2013
Isco had better hope his pooch Messi hasn’t got too used to his name, because it ain’t gonna fly at the Casa Blanca!
Barcelona-based paper El Mundo Deportivo got up to a bit of mischief this week by revealing that Real Madrid’s new signing Isco has a few skeletons in the closet.
Put simply, Isco is a lifelong Barça fan, and moreover, antimadridista in philosophy.
An interview he did while still playing for Valencia B after the U17 World Cup in 2009 proves it on record, when he said
”I’ve always been a bit antimadridista and I still am. I have the feeling it’s an arrogant club, and without humility you don’t get anywhere.’‘
And as recently as October 2012, Isco told El Cuatro that the players he most looked up to are Xavi, Iniesta, and Ronaldinho.
Isco also showed his support for Barça in the 2011 Champions League final with a subversive tweet, making reference to Jose Mourinho’s infamous ‘Por Qué?’ rant after Madrid were knocked out in the semi-finals by Barça.
Con ganas de ver la final de la champion esperemos que gane el futbol y si no gana preguntaremos porque?? Porque???
— ISCO ALARCON (@isco_alarcon) May 28, 2011
It looks like Isco’s Real Madrid unveiling could be an epic That Awkward Moment…
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi