Insanity! Whilst an Anorthosis player was getting medical treatment Omonia fans hurl an exploding flare
- October 21, 2012
Yet more football violence this weekend.
The big match on Sunday afternoon in Cyprus saw second placed Anorthosis entertain sixth-placed Omonia Nicosia, however the match was suspended for 10 minutes in the second half due to incredible scenes of fan violence.
With an Anorthosis player grounded and receiving medical treatment, a flare was thrown from the Omonia away supporters which dropped right next to the group of men and exploded.
The scene immediately dispersed amid the explosion, however aside from being legitimately frightened it didn’t look like any of the players or medical staff were actually injured by the flare.
Watch the shocking footage below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”259328″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi