- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Insanity! Whilst an Anorthosis player was getting medical treatment Omonia fans hurl an exploding flare
Yet more football violence this weekend.
The big match on Sunday afternoon in Cyprus saw second placed Anorthosis entertain sixth-placed Omonia Nicosia, however the match was suspended for 10 minutes in the second half due to incredible scenes of fan violence.
With an Anorthosis player grounded and receiving medical treatment, a flare was thrown from the Omonia away supporters which dropped right next to the group of men and exploded.
The scene immediately dispersed amid the explosion, however aside from being legitimately frightened it didn’t look like any of the players or medical staff were actually injured by the flare.
Watch the shocking footage below.
- Updated: October 21, 2012