Insanity! Whilst an Anorthosis player was getting medical treatment Omonia fans hurl an exploding flare
- October 21, 2012
Yet more football violence this weekend.
The big match on Sunday afternoon in Cyprus saw second placed Anorthosis entertain sixth-placed Omonia Nicosia, however the match was suspended for 10 minutes in the second half due to incredible scenes of fan violence.
With an Anorthosis player grounded and receiving medical treatment, a flare was thrown from the Omonia away supporters which dropped right next to the group of men and exploded.
The scene immediately dispersed amid the explosion, however aside from being legitimately frightened it didn’t look like any of the players or medical staff were actually injured by the flare.
Watch the shocking footage below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”259328″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...