- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Incredible fair play! Werder’s Aaron Hunt gets the referee to reverse a Bremen penalty call v Nurnberg
There was a superb moment of fair play witnessed in the Bundesliga on Saturday night in the match between Nurnberg and Werder Bremen.
Bremen were leading 2-0 in the second half, when the visitors were awarded a penalty after Aaron Hunt fell in the Nurnberg box.
The penalty award was bogus as Hunt fell in the area after failing to get touch by a Nurnberg defender, and possibly racked with a guilty conscience for winning a penalty while diving, Hunt chose to reverse the ref’s decision.
Hunt immediately went up to the referee, spoke to him to advise him that no penalty should be award, and the ref took the advise and handing Nurnberg the ball.
Unfortunately we’ll never know if Hunt would have acted in the same way had the scores been 0-0.
Watch Aaron Hunt’s excellent moment of sportsmanship for Werder Bremen at Nurnberg below.
- Updated: March 8, 2014