Incredible fair play! Werder’s Aaron Hunt gets the referee to reverse a Bremen penalty call v Nurnberg
- March 8, 2014
There was a superb moment of fair play witnessed in the Bundesliga on Saturday night in the match between Nurnberg and Werder Bremen.
Bremen were leading 2-0 in the second half, when the visitors were awarded a penalty after Aaron Hunt fell in the Nurnberg box.
The penalty award was bogus as Hunt fell in the area after failing to get touch by a Nurnberg defender, and possibly racked with a guilty conscience for winning a penalty while diving, Hunt chose to reverse the ref’s decision.
Hunt immediately went up to the referee, spoke to him to advise him that no penalty should be award, and the ref took the advise and handing Nurnberg the ball.
Unfortunately we’ll never know if Hunt would have acted in the same way had the scores been 0-0.
Watch Aaron Hunt’s excellent moment of sportsmanship for Werder Bremen at Nurnberg below.
- Werder Bremen’s Zlatko Junuzovic nets postage stamp free kick golazo v Hannover [...
- Thomas Muller & David Alaba score stunners for Bayern at Werder Bremen [Official V...
- Franco Di Santo uploads his Werder Bremen Golazo v Freiburg to Instagram
- Werder Bremen v Wolfsburg on Sunday in the Bundesliga is under a terror threat from Isl...
- Bundesliga: Top 5 goals of the week ft. Bayern’s Arjen Robben & Wolfsburg...
- Franco Di Santo hit a glorious match-winning double for Werder Bremen versus Hertha Berlin
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi