Incredible fair play! Werder’s Aaron Hunt gets the referee to reverse a Bremen penalty call v Nurnberg
- March 8, 2014
There was a superb moment of fair play witnessed in the Bundesliga on Saturday night in the match between Nurnberg and Werder Bremen.
Bremen were leading 2-0 in the second half, when the visitors were awarded a penalty after Aaron Hunt fell in the Nurnberg box.
The penalty award was bogus as Hunt fell in the area after failing to get touch by a Nurnberg defender, and possibly racked with a guilty conscience for winning a penalty while diving, Hunt chose to reverse the ref’s decision.
Hunt immediately went up to the referee, spoke to him to advise him that no penalty should be award, and the ref took the advise and handing Nurnberg the ball.
Unfortunately we’ll never know if Hunt would have acted in the same way had the scores been 0-0.
Watch Aaron Hunt’s excellent moment of sportsmanship for Werder Bremen at Nurnberg below.
- Amazing: Werder Bremen away fans belt out ‘Wonderwall’ during friendly at W...
- West Ham v Werder Bremen: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Werder Bremen scored a terrific team goal in their win over Sevilla (Video)
- Anthony Ujah finishes off awesome Werder Bremen team goal v Sevilla (Video)
- Werder Bremen’s Zlatko Junuzovic nets postage stamp free kick golazo v Hannover [...
- Thomas Muller & David Alaba score stunners for Bayern at Werder Bremen [Official V...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...