In Pictures: Juve defender Martin Caceres’ head gets busted open after a terrible car crash
- March 18, 2013
It was a bitter-sweet weekend for Juventus defender Martin Caceres.
After recovering from a back injury Caceres was recalled by coach Antonio Conte on Saturday night as the Bianconeri beat Bologna 2-0, however not longer after the match came to an end the defender was back on the treatment table.
The Uruguayan centre-half suffered terrible looking injuries as his Porsche was rammed by another car which reportedly ran a red light.
Juventus’ website published the following on Sunday.
Martin Caceres has been discharged from Turin’s CTO medical centre after being involved in a road accident in the early hours of Sunday morning. The Uruguayan has been moved to the Clinica Fornaca di Sessant and was visited earlier by Dr.Bennech and plastic surgeon Dr. Marco Fraccalvieri.
He is in a good condition and will spend the next couple of days undergoing treatment and necessary tests at the clinic. The diagnosis is a head injury, with a lacerated contusion wound to his scalp and right cheekbone.
The horrific images from Martin Caceres’ car crash can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi