Pep to Neymar’s dad: Tito won’t know how to use him & Messi together [Radio Globo]
- July 10, 2013
Brazilian outlet Radio Globo have told a story in the past 24 hours which is likely to burn bridges between Bayern Munich and FC Barcelona.
Moreover, the story drives a wedge between former Barcelona manager and assistant manager Pep Guardiola and Tito Vilanova.
One of the stories of the summer, if not the story of the summer, has been Barcelona’s capture of Neymar for Santos for €50m. Whilst the Catalans eventually got their man, it has now come to light that Bayern Munich were close to signing the Brazilian starlet after Pep Guardiola convinced Neymar’s dad that Bayern Munich would be a better fit for his son.
According to Radio Globo, Guardiola had a two-pronged approach to trying to convince Neymar to sign on at the Allainz Arena: promote Bayern, and downplay Barcelona.
Pep told Neymar’s dad that if his son signed on that Neymar would have a “real opportunity to become the best player in the world.” Pep is aso said to have argued that Tito Vilanova would be unable to effectively use Neymar and Lionel Messi together in the same team.
Neymar’s dad was reportedly convinced by Pep, but Neymar wasn’t.
Only time will tell if Pep Guardiola was right.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...