Gonzalo Higuain set to miss Arsenal v Napoli with leg injury [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- October 1, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport report this Tuesday afternoon that Gonzalo Higuain is a major doubt to appear for Napoli at the Emirates this evening for the Champions League group game with Arsenal.
The 25-year-old striker, who was heavily linked with Arsenal during the summer, has a right leg injury that has taken a turn for the worse on Tuesday morning.
Higuain trained in a limited capacity on Monday night but has woken up feeling a lot worse, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Rafa Benitez looks set to replace Higuain with Goran Pandev for the match at Arsenal, if the Argentine does not respond to treatment from Napoli physios in the coming hours.
Higuain is eager to play and Rafa Benitez is also keen to get his big-money signing out on the pitch for a crucial Champions League match.
- Arsene Wenger and Arsenal take celebratory selfies after beating Chelsea (Parody Video)
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is appalled by Carl Jenkinson’s love of country music (Vi...
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Mikel Arteta says Arsenal teammate The Ox has the world at his feet (Video)
- Rubbing it in on Chelsea: Arsenal fans already have a Petr Cech chant (Video)
- Ex-Arsenal man Frimpong produces brilliant Snapchat mock-up of Wenger trolling Mourinho
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi