Gonzalo Higuain set to miss Arsenal v Napoli with leg injury [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- October 1, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport report this Tuesday afternoon that Gonzalo Higuain is a major doubt to appear for Napoli at the Emirates this evening for the Champions League group game with Arsenal.
The 25-year-old striker, who was heavily linked with Arsenal during the summer, has a right leg injury that has taken a turn for the worse on Tuesday morning.
Higuain trained in a limited capacity on Monday night but has woken up feeling a lot worse, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Rafa Benitez looks set to replace Higuain with Goran Pandev for the match at Arsenal, if the Argentine does not respond to treatment from Napoli physios in the coming hours.
Higuain is eager to play and Rafa Benitez is also keen to get his big-money signing out on the pitch for a crucial Champions League match.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...