Gonzalo Higuain set to miss Arsenal v Napoli with leg injury [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- October 1, 2013
Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport report this Tuesday afternoon that Gonzalo Higuain is a major doubt to appear for Napoli at the Emirates this evening for the Champions League group game with Arsenal.
The 25-year-old striker, who was heavily linked with Arsenal during the summer, has a right leg injury that has taken a turn for the worse on Tuesday morning.
Higuain trained in a limited capacity on Monday night but has woken up feeling a lot worse, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Rafa Benitez looks set to replace Higuain with Goran Pandev for the match at Arsenal, if the Argentine does not respond to treatment from Napoli physios in the coming hours.
Higuain is eager to play and Rafa Benitez is also keen to get his big-money signing out on the pitch for a crucial Champions League match.
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi