Gladbach’s Max Kruse, omitted from the German World Cup squad, denies “lady in London” story [Bild]
- May 15, 2014
One of the more eyebrow-raising omissions from the German World Cup squad was the absence of Borussia Mönchengladbach’s Max Kruse.
Kruse, 26, had been tipped to be selected for the Nationelf, with the striker having scored once in six appearances for the German national team.
Kruse was in the German side that beat England 1-0 at Wembley last November, and, indeed, that trip to London is being banded about as the reason Kruse is not going to Brazil with his countrymen.
According to the rumour mill, Kruse broke team rules whilst in London as he reportedly invited a women into his hotel room. The Germans were staying at the Corinthias hotel, on the banks of the River Thames.
Looking to set the record straight, Kruse has now spoken to Bild to protest his innocence.
There have always been many rumours about me… The coach knows what happened, I know what happened.
The coach has told me in a private conversation that my non-selection was made on sporting reasons alone.
- Newcastle v Borussia Monchengladbach: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Max Kruse and Christoph Kramer practise party trick before Monchengladbach win [Video]
- Bayern’s Manuel Neuer made an epic error as Gladbach won 2-0 in Munich [Official ...
- A look back at Hannover’s remarkable record-breaking own goal spree [Video]
- Gladbach’s Thorgan Hazard says his goal is to return to Chelsea one day [HLN]
- Thorgan Hazard explains permanent move from Chelsea to Gladbach [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi