Gladbach’s Max Kruse, omitted from the German World Cup squad, denies “lady in London” story [Bild]
One of the more eyebrow-raising omissions from the German World Cup squad was the absence of Borussia Mönchengladbach’s Max Kruse.
Kruse, 26, had been tipped to be selected for the Nationelf, with the striker having scored once in six appearances for the German national team.
Kruse was in the German side that beat England 1-0 at Wembley last November, and, indeed, that trip to London is being banded about as the reason Kruse is not going to Brazil with his countrymen.
According to the rumour mill, Kruse broke team rules whilst in London as he reportedly invited a women into his hotel room. The Germans were staying at the Corinthias hotel, on the banks of the River Thames.
Looking to set the record straight, Kruse has now spoken to Bild to protest his innocence.
There have always been many rumours about me… The coach knows what happened, I know what happened.
The coach has told me in a private conversation that my non-selection was made on sporting reasons alone.
Watch Live Stream
- Ball Boy vs Bundesliga stars including Lewandowski and Ribery (Video)November 21, 2016
- Liverpool’s endless efforts to sign Mahmoud Dahoud may fail as Dortmund enter the mix [Bild]November 14, 2016
- Thorgan Hazard questions Chelsea’s handling of youngsters [Nieuwsblad]November 13, 2016
- Chelsea’s January priority is to re-sign midfielder they let go last year.November 2, 2016
- Gigi Buffon’s perfect reaction when Italy fans booed the German anthem (Video)November 16, 2016
- Thomas Muller continues his feud v San Marino on FacebookNovember 16, 2016
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen responds to racist tweet about Barcelona teammate Samuel UmtitiNovember 15, 2016
- Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi pulls off brilliant touch in Germany training (video)November 15, 2016