Gladbach’s Max Kruse, omitted from the German World Cup squad, denies “lady in London” story [Bild]
One of the more eyebrow-raising omissions from the German World Cup squad was the absence of Borussia Mönchengladbach’s Max Kruse.
Kruse, 26, had been tipped to be selected for the Nationelf, with the striker having scored once in six appearances for the German national team.
Kruse was in the German side that beat England 1-0 at Wembley last November, and, indeed, that trip to London is being banded about as the reason Kruse is not going to Brazil with his countrymen.
According to the rumour mill, Kruse broke team rules whilst in London as he reportedly invited a women into his hotel room. The Germans were staying at the Corinthias hotel, on the banks of the River Thames.
Looking to set the record straight, Kruse has now spoken to Bild to protest his innocence.
There have always been many rumours about me… The coach knows what happened, I know what happened.
The coach has told me in a private conversation that my non-selection was made on sporting reasons alone.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool can soon sign Gladbach’s Mahmoud Dahoud for an incredibly cheap price [Bild]August 10, 2016
- Mahmoud Dahoud drops a hint on Instagram linking him to LiverpoolJuly 3, 2016
- Granit Xhaka posts lengthy message on Instagram after signing for ArsenalMay 25, 2016
- Granit Xhaka pictured in Arsenal kit after completing signing from MonchengladbachMay 21, 2016
- Germany’s Robert Bauer apologises for trolling Brazil after losing at the OlympicsAugust 21, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski retires from German National Team, teammates pay tribute [Tweets]August 15, 2016
- Thierry Henry-esque: Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scores yet again as Germany win 4-0 (Video)August 13, 2016
- Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scored twice for Germany in a 10-0 win v Fiji (Video)August 11, 2016