Giving Up! Brazil’s U17s literally stopped playing for the last few minutes as they were crushed 4-1 by America
- December 17, 2013
This. Is. Crazy!
Last weekend Brazil’s under-17 international side were given a whooping by their American peers, as the North Americans beat their South American rivals 4-1 at the Nike International Friendlies competition.
Away from the scoreline, the match ended in incredible circumstances as the Brazilians simply gave up playing four minutes from time.
As the 87th minute ticked over, and just after the Samba Boys were reduced to nine men after collecting their second dismissal of the game, the young Brazilians simply refused to step out of their own half which meant that the American number 6 was allowed all the time in the world to simply stand over the ball and wait for the sands of time to run out.
The behaviour of the Brazilian youngsters was appalling, and the match was brought to a close with only 89 minutes and 30 seconds on the clock.
Watch the crazy footage of nothing happening at the end of the United States U17s win over Brazil below, together with highlights from the game.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi