- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
Giving Up! Brazil’s U17s literally stopped playing for the last few minutes as they were crushed 4-1 by America
- December 17, 2013
This. Is. Crazy!
Last weekend Brazil’s under-17 international side were given a whooping by their American peers, as the North Americans beat their South American rivals 4-1 at the Nike International Friendlies competition.
Away from the scoreline, the match ended in incredible circumstances as the Brazilians simply gave up playing four minutes from time.
As the 87th minute ticked over, and just after the Samba Boys were reduced to nine men after collecting their second dismissal of the game, the young Brazilians simply refused to step out of their own half which meant that the American number 6 was allowed all the time in the world to simply stand over the ball and wait for the sands of time to run out.
The behaviour of the Brazilian youngsters was appalling, and the match was brought to a close with only 89 minutes and 30 seconds on the clock.
Watch the crazy footage of nothing happening at the end of the United States U17s win over Brazil below, together with highlights from the game.