- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
GIF: Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United) struck in the face by a coin thrown by a scum Man City fan
How sad that this is the incident which many will remember at the end of Manchester United’s epic 3-2 win at rivals City.
Sunday’s seesaw Manchester derby had an amazing climax as Robin van Persie scored an injury time free-kick to win the match for the Red Devils, but what happened in the aftermath caught everyone by surprise.
As United captain Rio Ferdinand celebrated RVP’s winner, a coin was thrown from the CIty stands which struck the defender in the face. Within seconds blood was gushing out of Rio’s head.
Sadly this wasn’t the first occasion City’s supporters were seen throwing missiles in the match.
During the second half, as Wayne Rooney went to take a corner, the United number ten was spotted picking up another coin hurled from the Citizens’ supporters. (See below.)
We can only expect that Manchester City will be whacked with a big fine for the unruly and unacceptable behaviour of their fans.
Picture of the incident can be seen below the fold.
- Updated: December 9, 2012