GIF: Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United) struck in the face by a coin thrown by a scum Man City fan
- December 9, 2012
How sad that this is the incident which many will remember at the end of Manchester United’s epic 3-2 win at rivals City.
Sunday’s seesaw Manchester derby had an amazing climax as Robin van Persie scored an injury time free-kick to win the match for the Red Devils, but what happened in the aftermath caught everyone by surprise.
As United captain Rio Ferdinand celebrated RVP’s winner, a coin was thrown from the CIty stands which struck the defender in the face. Within seconds blood was gushing out of Rio’s head.
Sadly this wasn’t the first occasion City’s supporters were seen throwing missiles in the match.
During the second half, as Wayne Rooney went to take a corner, the United number ten was spotted picking up another coin hurled from the Citizens’ supporters. (See below.)
We can only expect that Manchester City will be whacked with a big fine for the unruly and unacceptable behaviour of their fans.
Picture of the incident can be seen below the fold.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...