- Man United loan star Nani (Sporting) dresses up as Santa Claus to deliver presents [Picture]
- Behind the Scenes of James Milner’s boring Christmas video for Man City [Video]
- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
- PSG want to sign Adnan Januzaj on 6 month loan from Manchester United [Le Parisien]
- West Ham release awesome Christmas video poem celebrating 2014 success [Video]
GIF: Jonjo Shelvey celebrates Liverpool goal v Udinese with two-footed lunge – reference to sending off v Man United?
Jonjo Shelvey may be flourishing in the Liverpool midfield under Brendan Rodgers, but there is no doubt that he is still hung up over his sending off against Manchester United.
Shelvey was sent off at the end of the first half against Manchester United in a match Liverpool would go on to lose 2-1 and the bald-pated midfielder even pointed his ire at Sir Alex Ferguson as he walked off the Anfield pitch.
On Thursday night, after giving Liverpool the lead against Udinese in his first game since that sending off against Manchester United, Shelvey celebrated with a two-footed lunge that appeared to be a reference to his last outing.
It is fair to say Shelvey probably didn’t think he should have been sent off for the challenge on Jonny Evans in Liverpool’s defeat to United and this was the first public way he could show it on the football pitch.
At least it will endear Shelvey to the Liverpool fans…
After the jump, two rather unflattering pictures of the Shelvey celebration.
- Updated: October 4, 2012