GIF: Jonjo Shelvey celebrates Liverpool goal v Udinese with two-footed lunge – reference to sending off v Man United?
- October 4, 2012
Jonjo Shelvey may be flourishing in the Liverpool midfield under Brendan Rodgers, but there is no doubt that he is still hung up over his sending off against Manchester United.
Shelvey was sent off at the end of the first half against Manchester United in a match Liverpool would go on to lose 2-1 and the bald-pated midfielder even pointed his ire at Sir Alex Ferguson as he walked off the Anfield pitch.
On Thursday night, after giving Liverpool the lead against Udinese in his first game since that sending off against Manchester United, Shelvey celebrated with a two-footed lunge that appeared to be a reference to his last outing.
It is fair to say Shelvey probably didn’t think he should have been sent off for the challenge on Jonny Evans in Liverpool’s defeat to United and this was the first public way he could show it on the football pitch.
At least it will endear Shelvey to the Liverpool fans…
After the jump, two rather unflattering pictures of the Shelvey celebration.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...