- Cristiano Ronaldo is Luke Shaw’s landlord, Man United defender rents £7000-a-month house [Mirror]
- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
GIF: Edgar Davids sent off for Barnet against Accrington Stanley
Edgar Davids should be used to receiving his marching orders during a long and combative career – on Friday night the Dutch legend picked up his first red card as Barnet player-coach.
And, in typical style, Davids went off on one after the match. Laying the blame squarely on former Southampton, Everton and England striker James Beattie, who he felled for the second booking – see GIF below.
Davids: “He was dropping like a hot potato. I didn’t want to give him a welcome. There is no individual vendetta or targeting a person because that’s nonsense.”
Then the former Ajax, Juventus, AC Milan, Barcelona and Spurs midfielder turned his ire on the referee: “I don’t say it’s deserved because you have to look at the match. Was it a game that deserved a red card? No.”
Edgar Davids’ second booking and red card for Barnet in their 1-1 draw with Accrington Stanley on Friday night can be seen on the GIF below. Watch out for James Beattie’s cheeky bum tap on his way past the Dutchman.
- Updated: November 18, 2012