GIF: Edgar Davids sent off for Barnet against Accrington Stanley
- November 18, 2012
Edgar Davids should be used to receiving his marching orders during a long and combative career – on Friday night the Dutch legend picked up his first red card as Barnet player-coach.
And, in typical style, Davids went off on one after the match. Laying the blame squarely on former Southampton, Everton and England striker James Beattie, who he felled for the second booking – see GIF below.
Davids: “He was dropping like a hot potato. I didn’t want to give him a welcome. There is no individual vendetta or targeting a person because that’s nonsense.”
Then the former Ajax, Juventus, AC Milan, Barcelona and Spurs midfielder turned his ire on the referee: “I don’t say it’s deserved because you have to look at the match. Was it a game that deserved a red card? No.”
Edgar Davids’ second booking and red card for Barnet in their 1-1 draw with Accrington Stanley on Friday night can be seen on the GIF below. Watch out for James Beattie’s cheeky bum tap on his way past the Dutchman.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]