GIF: Edgar Davids sent off for Barnet against Accrington Stanley
- November 18, 2012
Edgar Davids should be used to receiving his marching orders during a long and combative career – on Friday night the Dutch legend picked up his first red card as Barnet player-coach.
And, in typical style, Davids went off on one after the match. Laying the blame squarely on former Southampton, Everton and England striker James Beattie, who he felled for the second booking – see GIF below.
Davids: “He was dropping like a hot potato. I didn’t want to give him a welcome. There is no individual vendetta or targeting a person because that’s nonsense.”
Then the former Ajax, Juventus, AC Milan, Barcelona and Spurs midfielder turned his ire on the referee: “I don’t say it’s deserved because you have to look at the match. Was it a game that deserved a red card? No.”
Edgar Davids’ second booking and red card for Barnet in their 1-1 draw with Accrington Stanley on Friday night can be seen on the GIF below. Watch out for James Beattie’s cheeky bum tap on his way past the Dutchman.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...