GIF: Edgar Davids sent off for Barnet against Accrington Stanley
- November 18, 2012
Edgar Davids should be used to receiving his marching orders during a long and combative career – on Friday night the Dutch legend picked up his first red card as Barnet player-coach.
And, in typical style, Davids went off on one after the match. Laying the blame squarely on former Southampton, Everton and England striker James Beattie, who he felled for the second booking – see GIF below.
Davids: “He was dropping like a hot potato. I didn’t want to give him a welcome. There is no individual vendetta or targeting a person because that’s nonsense.”
Then the former Ajax, Juventus, AC Milan, Barcelona and Spurs midfielder turned his ire on the referee: “I don’t say it’s deserved because you have to look at the match. Was it a game that deserved a red card? No.”
Edgar Davids’ second booking and red card for Barnet in their 1-1 draw with Accrington Stanley on Friday night can be seen on the GIF below. Watch out for James Beattie’s cheeky bum tap on his way past the Dutchman.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi