- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Gentleman: Man City boss Pellegrini stayed behind to shake every Liverpool player’s hand after defeat [Vine]
Manuel ‘El Ingenerio’ Pellegrini may be a bit dull and unspectacular in media terms, but the man is a gent (OK, apart from that time he went off on a half-baked conspiracy theory after losing to Barcelona).
Despite losing the potential title-decider at Anfield yesterday – and being denied a couple of penalty shouts – Pellegrini chose magnanimity over bitterness, and stayed behind on the pitch to shake every last Liverpool player’s hand, where most managers would have been down the tunnel no sooner had the final whistle been blown.
- Updated: April 14, 2014