Gareth Bale has scored Tottenham’s last 6 goals [GIFs]
- February 15, 2013
What a phenomenal run Gareth Bale is on.
The Welsh flyer has now scored seven goals in his last five matches (for club and country) after another match winning performance to secure Tottenham’s 2-1 win over Lyon on Thursday evening.
Bale may not have been at his best, indeed Spurs did struggle at times against a very competent Lyon side, but the Spurs forward came up trumps again with two free-kicks that are becoming a trademark.
For Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas, whilst he will be delighted with Gareth Bale, his side look bereft of many other goal scorers.
Against Lyon, Clint Dempsey was virtually anonymous and Emmanuel Adebayor struggled to get involved and fired wide with a clear chance in the first half.
Only Clint Dempsey has scored for Tottenham since Emmanuel Adebayor notched against Reading on New Year’s Day and the American was the last player other than Bale to score in the Premier League for Spurs, against Manchester United on January 20, 2013.
There will of course be many saying Tottenham are winning their matches and are in fine fettle which is all that matters. But it looks like they could do with a fit Jermain Defoe back as soon as possible.
Or, Gareth Bale may have to carry Spurs for the rest of the season. Which, at the moment, looks entirely possible.
To celebrate Gareth Bale’s unbelievable form, below are his six goals for Spurs in GIF format.
Gareth Bale v Norwich
Gareth Bale v West Brom
Gareth Bale (1) v Newcastle
Gareth Bale (2) v Newcastle
Gareth Bale (1) v Lyon
Gareth Bale (2) v Lyon
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi