Frank De Boer rejects Tottenham approach, won’t leave Ajax in mid-season [De Telegraaf]
- December 19, 2013
The Daily Mirror revealed on Thursday morning that Tottenham have approached Frank De Boer to take over at White Hart Lane.
Almost immediately, reports from Holland suggest De Boer has already rejected the advances from Spurs and you get the impression Daniel Levy’s search for a manager could take some time.
Tottenham’s Technical Director has approached Ajax boss De Boer to replace Andre Villas-Boas with both Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen trumping the claims of their former coach.
De Boer has resurrected Ajax who have dominated the Dutch Eredivisie in recent seasons and they have also impressed in Europe – beating Barcelona in the Champions League this season.
But, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf have revealed that De Boer will almost certainly say no as he will not leave Ajax during a season.
De Boer’s agent refused to comment to De Telegraaf on the rumours, but all signs point to the former Holland defender remaining in Amsterdam for the rest of the season.
Meanwhile, the BBC report on Thursday morning that Tim Sherwood is set for a meeting with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy today.
- The average age of the Ajax team in recent UCL match versus Rapid Wien was 21 (Graphic)
- See how Man United target Jasper Cillessen was beaten by a worldy in Ajax’s lates...
- Ajax sign Arsenal forward Yaya Sanogo on a season-long loan [Video]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo says he hopes to emulate Ibrahimovic & Kanu during Aja...
- Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp mocked Ajax’s Arek Milik for slipping at training ...
- Yaya Sanogo’s loan move to Ajax from Arsenal will be confirmed by the end of week...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi