- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
- Arsenal negotiating with Palermo to lower asking price for £31m-rated Paulo Dybala [Fichajes]
Frank De Boer rejects Tottenham approach, won’t leave Ajax in mid-season [De Telegraaf]
The Daily Mirror revealed on Thursday morning that Tottenham have approached Frank De Boer to take over at White Hart Lane.
Almost immediately, reports from Holland suggest De Boer has already rejected the advances from Spurs and you get the impression Daniel Levy’s search for a manager could take some time.
Tottenham’s Technical Director has approached Ajax boss De Boer to replace Andre Villas-Boas with both Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen trumping the claims of their former coach.
De Boer has resurrected Ajax who have dominated the Dutch Eredivisie in recent seasons and they have also impressed in Europe – beating Barcelona in the Champions League this season.
But, Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf have revealed that De Boer will almost certainly say no as he will not leave Ajax during a season.
De Boer’s agent refused to comment to De Telegraaf on the rumours, but all signs point to the former Holland defender remaining in Amsterdam for the rest of the season.
Meanwhile, the BBC report on Thursday morning that Tim Sherwood is set for a meeting with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy today.
- Updated: December 19, 2013