- Barcelona 2 – Valencia 0: Leo Messi scores his 400th goal in the win [Official Highlights]
- Good Guy Ter Stegen celebrates his Barça rival Claudio Bravo’s penalty save [GIF]
- Wembley staff show their colours: Reading arrive amid rapturous applause, Arsenal to silence [Video]
- Messi Milestone: Leo scores his 400th Barcelona goal v Valencia [Videos]
- Barça’s Luis Suarez given brilliant standing ovation after Valencia goal and performance [Video]
Forward Islam Slimani reveals Algeria team donated their World Cup prize money to people in Gaza
- July 2, 2014
As if the World could fall in love with this Algeria team any more, eh?
Not only did the underdogs impress with their performances in Brazil but now they’re impressing off the pitch as well after an astounding act of kindness was revealed by journalist Waleed Abu Nada.
He told of how the Algerian team donated their prize money from the tournament to people far worse off from them in Gaza.
The selfless behaviour of the Algeria team was in sharp contrast with other competing countries from Africa with Ghana and Cameroon imploding due to quarrels over money.
Algeria are a shining example for African nations to follow.
Striker Islam Slimani has revealed #ALG will donate their World Cup prize money to the people in Gaza. “They need it more than us.”
— Waleed Abu Nada (@waleedabunada) July 2, 2014