- Jose Mourinho pre Stoke v Chelsea: We play much better football this season!
- The Top 10 Youngsters in World Football 2014 [Video]
- Lionel Messi’s insanely brilliant control for 2nd goal v Cordoba [GIF + video]
- Amazing! Jonas Gutierrez makes his Newcastle comeback for the under-21s v West Ham [Pictures]
- Harry Kane has now equalled last season’s top goal scorer at Spurs [Graphic]
Forward Islam Slimani reveals Algeria team donated their World Cup prize money to people in Gaza
As if the World could fall in love with this Algeria team any more, eh?
Not only did the underdogs impress with their performances in Brazil but now they’re impressing off the pitch as well after an astounding act of kindness was revealed by journalist Waleed Abu Nada.
He told of how the Algerian team donated their prize money from the tournament to people far worse off from them in Gaza.
The selfless behaviour of the Algeria team was in sharp contrast with other competing countries from Africa with Ghana and Cameroon imploding due to quarrels over money.
Algeria are a shining example for African nations to follow.
Striker Islam Slimani has revealed #ALG will donate their World Cup prize money to the people in Gaza. “They need it more than us.”
— Waleed Abu Nada (@waleedabunada) July 2, 2014
- Updated: July 2, 2014