Forward Islam Slimani reveals Algeria team donated their World Cup prize money to people in Gaza
- July 2, 2014
As if the World could fall in love with this Algeria team any more, eh?
Not only did the underdogs impress with their performances in Brazil but now they’re impressing off the pitch as well after an astounding act of kindness was revealed by journalist Waleed Abu Nada.
He told of how the Algerian team donated their prize money from the tournament to people far worse off from them in Gaza.
The selfless behaviour of the Algeria team was in sharp contrast with other competing countries from Africa with Ghana and Cameroon imploding due to quarrels over money.
Algeria are a shining example for African nations to follow.
Striker Islam Slimani has revealed #ALG will donate their World Cup prize money to the people in Gaza. “They need it more than us.”
— Waleed Abu Nada (@waleedabunada) July 2, 2014
- Spurs midfielder Nabil Bentaleb finishes off quality Algeria goal v Seychelles [video]
- After a cock-up at Algeria training, Spurs’ Nabil Bentaleb gets hit round the hea...
- Amazing spinning backheel golazo by Algerian U12 player v South Africa [GIF]
- Porto midfielder Yacine Brahimi pulled off a Zidane roulette for Algeria v Ethiopia [Vi...
- Algeria record a fifth straight win beating Ethiopia 3-1 [Video]
- Algeria qualify for the African Cup of Nations with convincing 3-0 win over Malawi [Hig...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...