Forward Islam Slimani reveals Algeria team donated their World Cup prize money to people in Gaza
- July 2, 2014
As if the World could fall in love with this Algeria team any more, eh?
Not only did the underdogs impress with their performances in Brazil but now they’re impressing off the pitch as well after an astounding act of kindness was revealed by journalist Waleed Abu Nada.
He told of how the Algerian team donated their prize money from the tournament to people far worse off from them in Gaza.
The selfless behaviour of the Algeria team was in sharp contrast with other competing countries from Africa with Ghana and Cameroon imploding due to quarrels over money.
Algeria are a shining example for African nations to follow.
Striker Islam Slimani has revealed #ALG will donate their World Cup prize money to the people in Gaza. “They need it more than us.”
— Waleed Abu Nada (@waleedabunada) July 2, 2014
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...