- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘Manchester United are very much in the title race’ [Video]
- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo set for loan move to Premier League side this January [BBC]
Forget the Ramires penalty decision! Ivanovic was fouled during both West Brom goals v Chelsea! [GIFs]
It is amazing how one incident in a Premier League match can dominate the headlines, when other goals and decisions from the same game are all but ignored.
Branislav Ivanovic was one of the most vocal Chelsea players at the end of their 2-2 draw with West Brom and whilst there would appear little to argue about the Ramires penalty decision, the Serb was incensed about BOTH of the Baggies goals at Stamford Bridge.
In addition, post match, Jose Mourinho questioned many of the decisions made by Andre Marriner and his officials but his claim that it was a clear penalty in injury time was what made headlines.
West Brom turned the game on its head with two goals in seven minutes during the second half from Stephane Sessegnon and Shane Long.
But, there were fouls in the build up to both goals. And, both were on Branislav Ivanovic as can be seen from the GIFs below.
Claudio Yacob bundled over Ivanovic for West Brom’s opener. And the Serb was manhandled by a number of players during Shane Long’s second for the Baggies.
Arguably, both are very much decisions that could have gone either way but Chelsea fans have a right to point to these with all the furore raging about Ramires and Eden Hazard’s late penalty equaliser.
(The picture above also shows why Ivanovic was so incensed post match, as he was kicked by Boaz Myhill as he went to take the ball after Eden Hazard’s penalty.)
- Updated: November 10, 2013