EPL rivalries posted on the New York subway: Man United v City, Arsenal v Tottenham [Pictures]
- August 1, 2013
American broadcaster NBC have unveiled their latest Premier League marketing ploy on the New York subway.
NBC, who have acquired exclusive rights to show the Premier League in North America this season, have placed wraps on the inside and outside of subway cars featuring the logos of Manchester United v Manchester City and Arsenal v Tottenham.
On the Manchester-themed subway cars, the rivalry between the Red Devils and the Citizens is made plain by one half of the cars being in red with the words “Keep Calm and Pick Man United.” The other half of the car is blue, with the counter phrase “Keep Calm and Pick Man City.”
Moreover, once inside the subway car, half of it is themed in Manchester United colours, while the other half is in City colours.
A similar sight greets commuters on the Arsenal versus Tottenham subway cars.
Travellers are faced with the option of sitting in either a red Arsenal section or a blue Tottenham section. In addition, the roof of the car reads “Keep Calm and Pick A Side,” while the official Tottenham and Arsenal club crests have been attached the the seats of the carriage.
Pictures of NBC’s excellent new Premier League campaign in the New York subway can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...