EPIC MISS! Gala’s Burak Yilmaz misses open goal from 2 yards out v Genclerbirligi
- March 8, 2013
As if Didier Drogba’s skyed penalty wasn’t bad enough, Burak Yilmaz may have outdone his Ivorian strike partner in Gala’s ignominious home defeat to Genclerbirligi.
Normally so assured and calm in front of goal, the Turkish international spurned a glorious chance to give Gala the lead in the first half.
Ghosting into the box to latch onto a low cross, and with the goal gaping, he somehow managed to gets his legs in a twist and trip over himself, as the ball slipped between his legs in an inadvertent NUTS! and Yilmaz finished on his face tangled up in the net.
Drogba’s incredulous reaction is captured on the bench, but of course little was he to know the significant contribution he would soon be making to the Epic Fails catalogue…
A self-nutmeg + open goal miss =
EPIC, EPIC FAIL!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”301893″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi