Eden Hazard picked up ankle knock during Belgium-Ivory Coast, expected to be fit for Chelsea-Spurs
Chelsea star Eden Hazard came on in the 62nd minute of Belgium’s 2-2 draw with Ivory Coast on Wednesday night.
Almost immediately, Hazard received a kick on his ankle, that affected his ability to affect the international friendly, according to HLN.Be.
Belgium boss Marc Wilmots said after the game: “Eden was knocked with virtually his first touch immediately after coming on… His stocking was broken and his ankle was swollen. Such things happen in top-level football.”
Hazard’s time on the pitch coincided with Ivory Coast coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Belgium and both sides seemed disappointed with the result.
Nevertheless, Eden Hazard looks set to shake off the ankle niggle for the arrival of Tottenham in the Premier League on Saturday evening.
The knock came from Newcastle’s Cheick Tiote, Hazard said after the game: “It did hurt, but I think I can play this weekend.”
It might though anger Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho who was keen for Hazard to be rested for the international friendly.
Watch Live Stream
- Marc Wilmots accuses Chelsea’s Courtois of being a mole, reveals Thibaut’s criticisms of Conte (L’Equipe Video)November 22, 2016
- Jan Vertonghen celebrates his 500th game with an heart-warming Instagram postNovember 17, 2016
- Brilliant Belgium mannequin challenge, featuring Chelsea & Spurs stars (video)November 15, 2016
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku scores twice for Belgium (Video)November 13, 2016
- Chelsea stars scoop all three Premier League prizes for NovemberDecember 9, 2016
- Andrea Pirlo visits former manager Antonio Conte at ChelseaDecember 9, 2016
- Thierry Henry, De Bruyne, Griezmann and more feature in epic Beats By Dre commercial (Video)December 9, 2016
- Hazard gets nutmegged, Chalobah wrestles at Chelsea training (Video)December 9, 2016
- Revealed: Chelsea paid less for Eden Hazard than first thoughtDecember 6, 2016
- Chelsea’s November Goal of the Month list is seriously impressive (video)December 5, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard rounds the Man City keeper, scores into empty net. Right?December 3, 2016
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard discounts Arsenal, sees the Premier League title as a 3-horse raceNovember 28, 2016