Eden Hazard picked up ankle knock during Belgium-Ivory Coast, expected to be fit for Chelsea-Spurs
- March 6, 2014
Chelsea star Eden Hazard came on in the 62nd minute of Belgium’s 2-2 draw with Ivory Coast on Wednesday night.
Almost immediately, Hazard received a kick on his ankle, that affected his ability to affect the international friendly, according to HLN.Be.
Belgium boss Marc Wilmots said after the game: “Eden was knocked with virtually his first touch immediately after coming on… His stocking was broken and his ankle was swollen. Such things happen in top-level football.”
Hazard’s time on the pitch coincided with Ivory Coast coming back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Belgium and both sides seemed disappointed with the result.
Nevertheless, Eden Hazard looks set to shake off the ankle niggle for the arrival of Tottenham in the Premier League on Saturday evening.
The knock came from Newcastle’s Cheick Tiote, Hazard said after the game: “It did hurt, but I think I can play this weekend.”
It might though anger Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho who was keen for Hazard to be rested for the international friendly.
- Benteke’s transfer fee to Liverpool dwarfs Eden Hazard’s cost, or what Man ...
- Thibaut Courtois praises Wales and Gareth Bale after Belgium’s defeat [Video]
- Wales v Belgium: The big match preview for the Euro 2016 qualifier [Video]
- Belgium paper Sportwereld had an eye-catching picture of Man United’s Marouane Fe...
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi