Done Deal! Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski confirms that he’ll sign for Bayern Munich in January
- September 25, 2013
It seems transfer season is never really over.
The biggest open secret in German football is now rubber-stamped after Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski confirmed that he’ll sign for Bayern Munich in January.
The transfer rumours had heightened on Tuesday afternoon after Polish news agency Pilka Nozna reported that Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich are set to get even stronger at in the new year.
Pilka Nozna claimed 25-year-old Lewandowski will sign a four year deal in Munich, although they failed to specify the transfer fee or the player’s wages.
On Tuesday night Dortmund beat 1860 Munich 2-0 in extra time in the German Cup, and after the game journalists had the chance to quiz the Poland international about the gossip.
SPORT1 reporter Christian Ortlepp directly asked Lewandowski “In January, can you say that you are switching to Bayern?”
Lewandowski answered: “Yes, because then I can officially sign a contract. Officially, I can only say something in January. At this moment it is still too early. We still have to wait a bit.”
Watch the interview in German below.
- Thiago Alcantara receives and returns Xabi Alonso pass without letting it hit ground (V...
- Manuel Neuer plays keepy-uppy game with other Bayern Munich goalkeepers (Video)
- Bayern legend ‘pretty certain’ Pep Guardiola will leave in 2016, backs Jurg...
- Indecisive Pep Guardiola hints that he’ll leave Bayern Munich next year
- Douglas Costa nutmegged Arturo Vidal on the Chilean’s first day of Bayern Munich ...
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi