Done Deal! Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski confirms that he’ll sign for Bayern Munich in January
- September 25, 2013
It seems transfer season is never really over.
The biggest open secret in German football is now rubber-stamped after Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski confirmed that he’ll sign for Bayern Munich in January.
The transfer rumours had heightened on Tuesday afternoon after Polish news agency Pilka Nozna reported that Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich are set to get even stronger at in the new year.
Pilka Nozna claimed 25-year-old Lewandowski will sign a four year deal in Munich, although they failed to specify the transfer fee or the player’s wages.
On Tuesday night Dortmund beat 1860 Munich 2-0 in extra time in the German Cup, and after the game journalists had the chance to quiz the Poland international about the gossip.
SPORT1 reporter Christian Ortlepp directly asked Lewandowski “In January, can you say that you are switching to Bayern?”
Lewandowski answered: “Yes, because then I can officially sign a contract. Officially, I can only say something in January. At this moment it is still too early. We still have to wait a bit.”
Watch the interview in German below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...