Done Deal! Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski confirms that he’ll sign for Bayern Munich in January
- September 25, 2013
It seems transfer season is never really over.
The biggest open secret in German football is now rubber-stamped after Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski confirmed that he’ll sign for Bayern Munich in January.
The transfer rumours had heightened on Tuesday afternoon after Polish news agency Pilka Nozna reported that Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich are set to get even stronger at in the new year.
Pilka Nozna claimed 25-year-old Lewandowski will sign a four year deal in Munich, although they failed to specify the transfer fee or the player’s wages.
On Tuesday night Dortmund beat 1860 Munich 2-0 in extra time in the German Cup, and after the game journalists had the chance to quiz the Poland international about the gossip.
SPORT1 reporter Christian Ortlepp directly asked Lewandowski “In January, can you say that you are switching to Bayern?”
Lewandowski answered: “Yes, because then I can officially sign a contract. Officially, I can only say something in January. At this moment it is still too early. We still have to wait a bit.”
Watch the interview in German below.
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- New Bayern Munich attacker Douglas Costa gives first interview since £21m move [Video]
- Man United put together a €160m package (transfer fee & wages) for Bayern’s ...
- Done Deal: Bayern Munich confirm the signing of Douglas Costa
- Bayern challenge Man United for Sergio Ramos. Offer defender a €60m, 5-year deal [El Ch...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi