- Newcastle v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
- Ronaldinho (Queretaro) produced a glorious nutmeg during 6 minute cameo v Club America [Video]
- Sebastian Giovinco two stunning golazos for Toronto FC v Dallas last night [Video]
- Liverpool v Aston Villa [Team Sheets]
- Lionel Messi fell flat on his face celebrating his 400th Barcelona goal yesterday [GIF]
Do It Yourself: Gareth Bale (Tottenham) jumps into the angry QPR crowd to get the ball back
- April 22, 2012
Tottenham have now lost their last three matches on the bounce and there season appears to be evaporating into thin air fast.
Spurs’ latest defeat, a 1-nil loss at London rivals QPR, saw the Lilywhites slip to 5th in the table, and the memories of when Tottenham appeared a shoo-in for next season’s Champions League now feel distant.
One moment at Loftus Road summed up the frustration tormenting the Spurs squad in the final weeks of the campaign, as Gareth Bale’s patience was worn out amid a gaggle of unruly Rangers fans who refused to give the Welshman the ball back.
With Spurs having won a corner inside the final 15 minutes, Rafael van der Vaart was held up in taking the set play as the ball was guarded by the QPR fans. Gareth Bale then took matters into his own hands as the Barcelona-bound (if the rumours are to be believed) left-winger marched into the stands to retrieve the ball himself.
“That’s not wise,” said the commentator, although Bale’s intervention clearly sped up the restart of proceedings.
Related link: MOTD highlights of QPR 1 – Tottenham 0.