- Arsenal players get followed around by Christmas carolers singing football chants in brilliant BT advert
- Louis van Gaal: Sir Alex Ferguson said winning was enough but it’s not, performances matter [Video]
- Barcelona celebrate Eric Abidal’s finest moments at the club in tribute video
- Eric Abidal scored two goals for Barcelona, one of which came in El Clasico [Video]
- Jokers! Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe rip it out of James Rodriguez for terrible touch in Real Madrid training [Video]
Did Emmanuel Adebayor skip Spurs-Hull to go watch Wigan-QPR last night? [Picture]
Forgotten Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor is still one of the highest paid players at White Hart Lane but is yet to make an appearance this season.
Adebayor missed the opening weeks of the season as he was given compassionate leave due to the death of his brother.
This was followed by the Togo hitman training with the youth team but in recent weeks positive Tweets from his personal account and regular appearances in training have suggested an unlikely (Nicklas Bendtner-esque?) return to the Spurs first team.
Cup games against Sheriff and Hull over the past week should have brought Adebayor at least back into the Tottenham first team squad but he failed to make the squad on both occasions.
And, last night rumours doing the rounds on social networks suggested Adebayor was at QPR’s 0-0 draw with Wigan, rather than Tottenham’s Capital One Cup penalty shoot-out win over Hull.
Fuelling rumours, Adebayor is more keen to play for former Spurs manager Harry Redknapp than current incumbent AVB.
A picture emerged of Adebayor at the DW Stadium, although it is questionable whether it really is the Spurs man (see below).
The most surprising aspect of Adebayor’s failure to break into the Spurs first team squad is if they are looking for a “plan B” up front, he could well be the answer.
- Updated: October 31, 2013