Did Bayern Munich lose the Champions League final because Anatoliy Tymoschuk touched the trophy?
- May 22, 2012
Its a well known footballers superstition apparently. You simply don’t touch a trophy on the way out from the tunnel before kick off.
Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoschuk, who played in defence due to suspensions for Bayern Munich against Chelsea in the Champions League final, committed the cardinal sin on Saturday night.
Tymoschuk brought the “curse” on his team mates by touching the trophy on the way out and the “curse of the Champions League” is also well known to fans.
On certain Bayern Munich forums, supporters have called for Tymoschuk to be sold for committing this cardinal sin. In truth the Ukranian was hardly over popular at the Allianz Arena but this seems a little harsh.
A couple of fan videos have emerged from Chelsea’s victorious Champions League final win:
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...