Did Bayern Munich lose the Champions League final because Anatoliy Tymoschuk touched the trophy?
- May 22, 2012
Its a well known footballers superstition apparently. You simply don’t touch a trophy on the way out from the tunnel before kick off.
Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoschuk, who played in defence due to suspensions for Bayern Munich against Chelsea in the Champions League final, committed the cardinal sin on Saturday night.
Tymoschuk brought the “curse” on his team mates by touching the trophy on the way out and the “curse of the Champions League” is also well known to fans.
On certain Bayern Munich forums, supporters have called for Tymoschuk to be sold for committing this cardinal sin. In truth the Ukranian was hardly over popular at the Allianz Arena but this seems a little harsh.
A couple of fan videos have emerged from Chelsea’s victorious Champions League final win:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...