Did Bayern Munich lose the Champions League final because Anatoliy Tymoschuk touched the trophy?
- May 22, 2012
Its a well known footballers superstition apparently. You simply don’t touch a trophy on the way out from the tunnel before kick off.
Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoschuk, who played in defence due to suspensions for Bayern Munich against Chelsea in the Champions League final, committed the cardinal sin on Saturday night.
Tymoschuk brought the “curse” on his team mates by touching the trophy on the way out and the “curse of the Champions League” is also well known to fans.
On certain Bayern Munich forums, supporters have called for Tymoschuk to be sold for committing this cardinal sin. In truth the Ukranian was hardly over popular at the Allianz Arena but this seems a little harsh.
A couple of fan videos have emerged from Chelsea’s victorious Champions League final win:
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi