Did Ashley Williams smack the ball at Robin van Persie’s head on purpose?
- December 23, 2012
“I just cleared the ball in frustration and unfortunately it hit his head.” – Ashley Williams.
Certain Arsenal fans have been calling for Ashley Williams to be awarded the Ballon d’Or after twatting Robin van Persie in the head with a football during Swansea’s 1-1 draw with Manchester United.
A second half without goals had one major incident, besides plenty of Manchester United pressure, the scuffle that broke out between Ashley Williams and Robin van Persie with 13 minutes left.
Van Persie was fouled on the edge of the Swansea box and as the Dutchman fell to the floor, Ashley Williams smacked the ball at his head from a matter of millimetres away.
RVP clearly felt the defender should have been sent off and got (understandably) rather angry about the whole episode.
In the end, both players were booked.
Arsenal fans are still laughing and sending plenty of memes to each other on social networking sites…
Decide whether Ashley Williams meant to batter Robin van Persie on the GIF and video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi