Devout Muslim Franck Ribery runs all over the pitch trying to avoid a beer soaking
- May 13, 2013
Franck Ribery was seriously unimpressed on Saturday, after Jerome Boateng soaked him in beer in their title celebrations.
Ribery’s religious beliefs mean he can’t touch beer and had asked his teammates to keep the beer away from him.
A video catches the French winger being chased around the pitch by Jerome Boateng with a huge glass of beer.
Ribery said, after finally being caught, “I won’t talk to Boateng again, he knows that I’m Muslim. I’m p***** off.”
Today it was announced Bayern Munich would build a mosque for their Muslim players, perhaps as an apology to Franck Ribery.
Watch the footage of Ribery getting chased and duly drenched in beer to his annoyance:
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi