Devout Muslim Franck Ribery runs all over the pitch trying to avoid a beer soaking
- May 13, 2013
Franck Ribery was seriously unimpressed on Saturday, after Jerome Boateng soaked him in beer in their title celebrations.
Ribery’s religious beliefs mean he can’t touch beer and had asked his teammates to keep the beer away from him.
A video catches the French winger being chased around the pitch by Jerome Boateng with a huge glass of beer.
Ribery said, after finally being caught, “I won’t talk to Boateng again, he knows that I’m Muslim. I’m p***** off.”
Today it was announced Bayern Munich would build a mosque for their Muslim players, perhaps as an apology to Franck Ribery.
Watch the footage of Ribery getting chased and duly drenched in beer to his annoyance:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...