Devout Muslim Franck Ribery runs all over the pitch trying to avoid a beer soaking
- May 13, 2013
Franck Ribery was seriously unimpressed on Saturday, after Jerome Boateng soaked him in beer in their title celebrations.
Ribery’s religious beliefs mean he can’t touch beer and had asked his teammates to keep the beer away from him.
A video catches the French winger being chased around the pitch by Jerome Boateng with a huge glass of beer.
Ribery said, after finally being caught, “I won’t talk to Boateng again, he knows that I’m Muslim. I’m p***** off.”
Today it was announced Bayern Munich would build a mosque for their Muslim players, perhaps as an apology to Franck Ribery.
Watch the footage of Ribery getting chased and duly drenched in beer to his annoyance:
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...