David Moyes was at war with Man United’s players, some of whom nicknamed him “F*** Off” [Sun & Star]
- April 23, 2014
The English tabloid are determined to play up the narrative that David Moyes was sacked by Manchester United because of fallouts in the dressing room.
Wednesday saw David Moyes release a statement via the League Managers Association in which the Scottish boss said thanks to the Man United fans who supported him.
Moyes’ LMA press released was supplemented by claims that Man United handled the sacking unprofessionally, and the schism between the Old Trafford club and their former boss makes the front pages of the Star and the Sun on Thursday.
The Sun have an angry looking Moyes on their splash with the headline “Moyes – United stitched me up!”
The Star follow suit with their front page headline “Moyes in players snub”, in an article that reports the rift with his squad was so deep that some stars nicknamed him “F** Off”.
See the front pages of Thursday’s tabloids below.
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...