David Moyes was at war with Man United’s players, some of whom nicknamed him “F*** Off” [Sun & Star]
- April 23, 2014
The English tabloid are determined to play up the narrative that David Moyes was sacked by Manchester United because of fallouts in the dressing room.
Wednesday saw David Moyes release a statement via the League Managers Association in which the Scottish boss said thanks to the Man United fans who supported him.
Moyes’ LMA press released was supplemented by claims that Man United handled the sacking unprofessionally, and the schism between the Old Trafford club and their former boss makes the front pages of the Star and the Sun on Thursday.
The Sun have an angry looking Moyes on their splash with the headline “Moyes – United stitched me up!”
The Star follow suit with their front page headline “Moyes in players snub”, in an article that reports the rift with his squad was so deep that some stars nicknamed him “F** Off”.
See the front pages of Thursday’s tabloids below.
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi