- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Icelandic press accuse 8 Croatia players of drinking over 70 beers after draw with Iceland
- Updated: November 18, 2013
As you can see from the graphic above, taken from Icelandic site Visir, the Croatian national team are being accused of thinking they have already reached the World Cup thanks to their result in Iceland on Friday night.
Croatia’s 0-0 draw in Iceland, against the team that would become the smallest ever in the World Cup finals, has left Niko Kovac’s side the favourites going into tomorrow’s second leg.
The eight players accused of drinking over 70 beers, close to 10 each are: Mario Mandzukic, Darijo Srna, Nikica Jelavic, Vedran Corluka, Niko Kranjcar, Eduardo da Silva, Mateo Kovacic and Domagoj Vida.
Srna (the captain of Croatia), Corluka, Eduardo and Mandzukic were in the starting XI in Reykjavik. Whilst QPR’s Kranjcar and Kovacic were on the bench. The other two, including Everton’s Nikica Jelavic, did not make the match day squad.
According to the same source that spilled the beans on the Croatia players, they had their final beer shipment at 4am in the morning on Saturday and were still partying at 5am.
Perhaps Iceland have a real chance on Tuesday, thanks to this attitude…
Or is this just a ploy by Iceland to make their opponents look bad?