- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Cristiano Ronaldo’s reaction to Lionel Messi winning the Ballon d’Or
He doesn’t need our sympathy but it isn’t hard to feel sorry for Cristiano Ronaldo today.
The Portuguese forward is a football great, yet, until now has just the one Ballon d’Or to show for his efforts thanks to the phenomenon that is Lionel Messi.
Gerard Pique was spot on when he said in November: “I respect those who believe that Cristiano Ronaldo deserves the Ballon d’Or, but Leo is from another planet while Cristiano is only the best among humans.”
Is Ronaldo jealous of Messi? Maybe. Maybe not. Its almost impossible to say. Plenty of websites have bigged up the rivalry, including this one.
And why are so many begrudging of Ronaldo’s eagerness to win the individual awards? In December, CR7 said he wanted to win the Ballon d’Or but surely didn’t Andres Iniesta?!
The video below has Ronaldo’s reaction to Messi winning – for what its worth, Iniesta also produces a wry smile on the announcement.
Above is a picture of how Ronaldo reacted to each time Lionel Messi won the Ballon d’Or.
- Updated: January 8, 2013