Cristiano Ronaldo: ‘I’m not in competition with Lionel Messi. I always think I’m better’ [Video]
- August 28, 2014
The season has only just started and BOOM!
Cristiano Ronaldo has given an exclusive interview on Portuguese TV this week in which the Real Madrid superstar had some interesting comments about his FC Barcelona peer Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo was directly asked about his rivalry with Messi, and Cristiano did his best to take the sting out of the story.
But even as he tried to talk the topic down, Ronaldo finished off by say “I always think I’m better”.
The main nuggets on Cristiano Ronaldo’s comments on Lionel Messi are below:
The rivalry is formed by the Press. I have no rivalry with Messi. We face each other professionally and have a normal relationship.
You can’t please everyone. It’s normal. I have to respect all opinions…my life doesn’t depend on what people think.
Neither of us is better or worse. Everyone does their job and tries to give their best for their team or national team. We both want to be the best.
I believe that in my profession I am the best and I work for it. But if it can’t be, in my head I always think I’m better.
- Barcelona could announce the signing of Chelsea target Arda Turan today [AS]
- See how Lionel Messi’s family were allegedly attacked by Chile fans at the Copa A...
- Man United refuse to sell David De Gea to Real Madrid, unless they sign Sergio Ramos in...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Three Barcelona players made the Copa America Team of the Tournament [Graphic]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi