- Radamel Falcao tweets brilliant pre-game picture ahead of Man United v Newcastle
- West Ham troll Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Twitter before Boxing Day game
- Jeff Stelling delivers the King’s speech, rounding up football in 2014 [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s full Christmas Day interview on BT Sport [Video]
- Chelsea v West Ham [Team Sheets]
Cristiano Ronaldo: ‘I’m not in competition with Lionel Messi. I always think I’m better’ [Video]
The season has only just started and BOOM!
Cristiano Ronaldo has given an exclusive interview on Portuguese TV this week in which the Real Madrid superstar had some interesting comments about his FC Barcelona peer Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo was directly asked about his rivalry with Messi, and Cristiano did his best to take the sting out of the story.
But even as he tried to talk the topic down, Ronaldo finished off by say “I always think I’m better”.
The main nuggets on Cristiano Ronaldo’s comments on Lionel Messi are below:
The rivalry is formed by the Press. I have no rivalry with Messi. We face each other professionally and have a normal relationship.
You can’t please everyone. It’s normal. I have to respect all opinions…my life doesn’t depend on what people think.
Neither of us is better or worse. Everyone does their job and tries to give their best for their team or national team. We both want to be the best.
I believe that in my profession I am the best and I work for it. But if it can’t be, in my head I always think I’m better.
- Updated: August 28, 2014