Cristiano Ronaldo: ‘I’m not in competition with Lionel Messi. I always think I’m better’ [Video]
The season has only just started and BOOM!
Cristiano Ronaldo has given an exclusive interview on Portuguese TV this week in which the Real Madrid superstar had some interesting comments about his FC Barcelona peer Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo was directly asked about his rivalry with Messi, and Cristiano did his best to take the sting out of the story.
But even as he tried to talk the topic down, Ronaldo finished off by say “I always think I’m better”.
The main nuggets on Cristiano Ronaldo’s comments on Lionel Messi are below:
The rivalry is formed by the Press. I have no rivalry with Messi. We face each other professionally and have a normal relationship.
You can’t please everyone. It’s normal. I have to respect all opinions…my life doesn’t depend on what people think.
Neither of us is better or worse. Everyone does their job and tries to give their best for their team or national team. We both want to be the best.
I believe that in my profession I am the best and I work for it. But if it can’t be, in my head I always think I’m better.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- The story behind Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Looks like Neymar is back together with ex girlfriend Bruna MarquezineSeptember 26, 2016
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane opens up about reported rift with Cristiano RonaldoSeptember 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo cursed Zidane on bench; Details of dressing room row also revealedSeptember 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo has completed the same amount of dribbles as Ter Stegen this La Liga seasonSeptember 25, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s huff continued long after being subbed off v Las Palmas (Video)September 25, 2016
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- The moment Lionel Messi picked up a groin strain against Atletico Madrid (Video)September 22, 2016
- Barcelona confirm Leo Messi is out for 3 weeks with groin injurySeptember 21, 2016
- Pep Guardiola: Leo Messi sits on football’s top table by himself (Video)September 17, 2016