Cristiano Ronaldo: ‘I’m not in competition with Lionel Messi. I always think I’m better’ [Video]
- August 28, 2014
The season has only just started and BOOM!
Cristiano Ronaldo has given an exclusive interview on Portuguese TV this week in which the Real Madrid superstar had some interesting comments about his FC Barcelona peer Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo was directly asked about his rivalry with Messi, and Cristiano did his best to take the sting out of the story.
But even as he tried to talk the topic down, Ronaldo finished off by say “I always think I’m better”.
The main nuggets on Cristiano Ronaldo’s comments on Lionel Messi are below:
The rivalry is formed by the Press. I have no rivalry with Messi. We face each other professionally and have a normal relationship.
You can’t please everyone. It’s normal. I have to respect all opinions…my life doesn’t depend on what people think.
Neither of us is better or worse. Everyone does their job and tries to give their best for their team or national team. We both want to be the best.
I believe that in my profession I am the best and I work for it. But if it can’t be, in my head I always think I’m better.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...