- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Confused! Olivier Giroud & Francis Coquelin threw their shirts to the Arsenal fans at full-time of epic 7-5 Reading win
- October 31, 2012
For many Arsenal fans it was hard to keep up with all the excitement of the crazy 7-5 win at Reading, for two players in particular the confusion simply got too much.
French striker Olivier Giroud and midfielder Francis Coquelin were caught by the Sky cameras throwing their shirts to the crowd at the end of full-time, just after Arsenal had brought it back to 4-4.
With a half-an-hour of extra-time to be played, the Arsenal pair were ordered to go get their shirts back and duly received them from the presumably bemused Gunners fans.
Giroud and Coquelin must have thought the Capital One Cup tie was going to go to a replay – which is the only explanation for this behaviour from the Arsenal pair. Although the Sky presenter felt they thought they had “won on away goals.”
We can only but wonder what Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was thinking.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”253838″]