Confused! Olivier Giroud & Francis Coquelin threw their shirts to the Arsenal fans at full-time of epic 7-5 Reading win
- October 31, 2012
For many Arsenal fans it was hard to keep up with all the excitement of the crazy 7-5 win at Reading, for two players in particular the confusion simply got too much.
French striker Olivier Giroud and midfielder Francis Coquelin were caught by the Sky cameras throwing their shirts to the crowd at the end of full-time, just after Arsenal had brought it back to 4-4.
With a half-an-hour of extra-time to be played, the Arsenal pair were ordered to go get their shirts back and duly received them from the presumably bemused Gunners fans.
Giroud and Coquelin must have thought the Capital One Cup tie was going to go to a replay – which is the only explanation for this behaviour from the Arsenal pair. Although the Sky presenter felt they thought they had “won on away goals.”
We can only but wonder what Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was thinking.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”253838″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...