Clear Liverpool penalty?! Samuel Eto’o hacked down Luis Suarez late on in Chelsea win (GIF & Video)
- December 29, 2013
In the final minutes of Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, Luis Suarez thought he should have been awarded a penalty after being hacked down by Samuel Eto’o.
Suarez was chasing Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta in an attempt to close him down but found his way blocked off by Chelsea striker Eto’o.
Referee Howard Webb played on as if nothing happened and left many Liverpool fans aggrieved by his decision.
Was it a penalty?
That's a stonewall #Suarez
— STEVEN REID (@stevenreid12) December 29, 2013
I don't care who you support you cannot, you just cannot say that wasn't a pen for etoo on suarez. Disbelief
— jay (@jayspiersy) December 29, 2013
how was that not a penalty for Suarez by Etoo? Howard Webb has not forgotten his Manchester roots eh Brendan?
— Martinho Hotspur (@wildy412) December 29, 2013
Linesman v ManCity. Webb today blatant penalty Etoo on Suarez. Both bottled it in favour of the home team! Gotta keep gng @LFC
— Asif Abed (@Aabed87) December 29, 2013
- Chelsea sign Michael Hector from Reading on five-year deal, loan him back immediately
- Chelsea fail with two bids for PSG defender Marquinhos [Best Tweets]
- Papy Djilobodji comments after completing move to Chelsea [Official]
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Chelsea closing in on the signing of Reading centre back Michael Hector [Sky Sports]
- Done Deal: Nantes defender Papy Djilobodji joins Chelsea [Tweet]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...