Clear Liverpool penalty?! Samuel Eto’o hacked down Luis Suarez late on in Chelsea win (GIF & Video)
- December 29, 2013
In the final minutes of Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, Luis Suarez thought he should have been awarded a penalty after being hacked down by Samuel Eto’o.
Suarez was chasing Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta in an attempt to close him down but found his way blocked off by Chelsea striker Eto’o.
Referee Howard Webb played on as if nothing happened and left many Liverpool fans aggrieved by his decision.
Was it a penalty?
That's a stonewall #Suarez
— STEVEN REID (@stevenreid12) December 29, 2013
I don't care who you support you cannot, you just cannot say that wasn't a pen for etoo on suarez. Disbelief
— jay (@jayspiersy) December 29, 2013
how was that not a penalty for Suarez by Etoo? Howard Webb has not forgotten his Manchester roots eh Brendan?
— Martinho Hotspur (@wildy412) December 29, 2013
Linesman v ManCity. Webb today blatant penalty Etoo on Suarez. Both bottled it in favour of the home team! Gotta keep gng @LFC
— Asif Abed (@Aabed87) December 29, 2013
- Chelsea are close to completing a deal for Galatasaray left-back Alex Telles (Di Marzio)
- Arsenal v Chelsea: Watch a Live Stream of the Community Shield (available UK)
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- ‘Roberto Martinez’ bashes Chelsea’s disrespectful approach for John S...
- Chelsea target Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht) nets stunning 35 yard winner in 92nd minute...
- Chelsea’s Lucas Piazon scored a quality goal for Brazil at the Pan American Games...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi