- Martin Odegaard takes part in first senior Real Madrid training session [Video]
- Mino Raiola prepares for summer bidding war over Paul Pogba [Graphic]
- Frank Lampard & Sergio Aguero score beautiful free kicks in Man City training [Video]
- Fernando Torres v Neymar at half-time of Atletico-Barcelona [video]
- Best Memes: Arda Turan throws his boot at a linesman during Atletico v Barcelona [Video]
Chico Flores posts Vine on Twitter proving he was elbowed by Andy Carroll (West Ham 2 – Swansea 0)
Para los que dicen que no me ha dado. For those who say that me has failed. http://t.co/OeHg2Wzv1o
— Chico Flores (@ChicoFlores12) February 1, 2014
Now this doesn’t happen very often.
As far as we know, this is the first time a Premier League footballer has posted evidence online to argue against popular opinion on an incident.
Andy Carroll’s sending off during West Ham’s 2-0 win over Swansea was thought to be harsh on the England striker.
Quotes from West Ham boss Sam Allardyce appear to have slanted the discussion.
Of course, the fact Allardyce famously laughed at Chico Flores’ diving earlier this season, does not help the Spanish defender.
Late on Saturday night, Flores posted a Vine on Twitter, showing a different angle than the one doing the rounds, suggesting Andy Carroll did swing an elbow at him.
- Updated: February 1, 2014