Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants Thiago Alcantara + Isco & Morata [El Mundo]
- June 19, 2013
After scoring a “perfect” hat-trick in Spain Under-21s European Championship victory over Italy on Tuesday evening, El Mundo Deportivo splash with a new suitor for Thiago Alcantara: Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.
The Catalan paper points out that Chelsea’s Russian owner is currently in Israel, for the 90th birthday celebrations of president Shimon Peres and will try to meet Thiago before he returns to Spain.
With a release clause now set at significantly less than the regular 90 million euros, due to not playing enough for Barcelona, Thiago has been heavily linked with Premier League sides Manchester City and Manchester United.
Abramovich now intends to meet with Thiago to strengthen Jose Mourinho’s Chelsea squad, according to El Mundo Deportivo.
They also claim that Abramovich is also eager to sign Malaga playmaker Isco and Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, who Jose Mourinho worked with at the Bernabeu.
It is more than likely just a simple coincidence that Abramovich and the victorious Spain Under-21 side find themselves together in Israel at the same time, but the future of Thiago Alcantara is likely to be a hot topic now after a sensational display in the 4-2 win over Italy.
Individual highlights of Thiago Alcantara v Italy U21 is on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...