- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Chelsea offer personal terms to Samuel Eto’o: €5m a season [Sky Italia]
Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio, quickly becoming one of the stars of the current transfer window, thanks to his contacts across the globe and willingness to share his information, reports Chelsea have made an offer to Samuel Eto’o.
Just like Willian, who appears to be close to joining Chelsea despite passing a medical at Spurs, Eto’o looks set to be part of the Anzhi clear out as the Russian side clear their mammoth wage bill.
Whilst the English press suggest Chelsea are still chasing Wayne Rooney, a move for Eto’o makes a lot more sense in terms of how much simpler it could be to pull off and the fact that the Cameroon striker played under Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.
In recent weeks, Eto’o has spoken of his admiration for Mourinho and how he would be eager to work with “The Special One” again.
Di Marzio claims Chelsea have offered personal terms of 5 million euros per season to Eto’o with the former Barcelona hitman expected to leave Anzhi in this transfer window.
Inter Milan are also tracking developments and are preparing a four million euro per season offer over a two-year deal which suggests the Chelsea deal is just for one season.
- Updated: August 23, 2013