Chelsea are trying to offload Petr Cech to PSG and sign Real Madrid’s Diego Lopez [Marca]
- August 1, 2014
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wants to get rid of Petr Cech and sign Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.
In his last season at Real Madrid, Mourinho promoted Diego Lopez to first choice goalkeeper ahead of Iker Casillas, the latter falling permanently down the pecking order.
However, with Keylor Navas coming in, Lopez will also be demoted and doesn’t want to be a reserve at Madrid, preferring the bench at Chelsea. This is despite interest from the likes of AS Monaco and Napoli.
Lopez seems to have a lot of trust in Mourinho, a manager who showed faith in his ability. It appears his time is up at Madrid with Casillas staying at the club and Marca say that Madrid are so keen for him to leave that they are willing to pay out his contract.
Should he move to Chelsea, he would be deputy to Thibaut Courtois with Mourinho hoping to sell Petr Cech to PSG.
- Jose Mourinho confused by Chelsea’s 2 red cards in 3 games (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to answer questions about Everton boss Roberto Martinez (Video)
- Roberto Martinez draws a line under John Stones saga, confirms defender is staying at E...
- Chelsea target John Stones forced to “flee” his home by Everton “hate...
- The ‘Chinese Sergio Ramos’ tells Reuters he’s joining Chelsea (so is ...
- Chelsea thwarted again: Everton reject John Stones’ transfer request
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...