Celtic’s Tony Watt sent off within 40 seconds of coming on for Lierse v Sporting Charleroi [video]
- November 3, 2013
The football gods can be so cruel!
Tony Watt famously made a name for himself by scoring the winner for Celtic against Barcelona just over a year ago.
On Saturday, the on-loan Celtic forward fared a lot worse and that winner to send Parkhead wild against the Catalans must feel a long time ago today for Tony Watt.
Sent on loan to Lierse, Watt has not played much this season in Belgium, mainly due to injury and was introduced on Saturday just after the hour mark.
Within a minute Watt was sent off, for one of the quickest sendings off ever seen after what can only be described as a fairly innocuos challenge that probably only deserved a yellow card at worst.
Lierse at least went on to win the Pro League match 2-1 and it looks like their coach Stanley Menzo had full sympathy for Watt.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...