- Man United players sign the head of a brave girl suffering from leukemia after she lost her hair
- Park Ji-Sung given hero’s reception at PSV before crowd accidentally set banner on fire [Videos]
- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
Celtic’s Tony Watt sent off within 40 seconds of coming on for Lierse v Sporting Charleroi [video]
The football gods can be so cruel!
Tony Watt famously made a name for himself by scoring the winner for Celtic against Barcelona just over a year ago.
On Saturday, the on-loan Celtic forward fared a lot worse and that winner to send Parkhead wild against the Catalans must feel a long time ago today for Tony Watt.
Sent on loan to Lierse, Watt has not played much this season in Belgium, mainly due to injury and was introduced on Saturday just after the hour mark.
Within a minute Watt was sent off, for one of the quickest sendings off ever seen after what can only be described as a fairly innocuos challenge that probably only deserved a yellow card at worst.
Lierse at least went on to win the Pro League match 2-1 and it looks like their coach Stanley Menzo had full sympathy for Watt.
- Updated: November 3, 2013