Celtic’s Tony Watt sent off within 40 seconds of coming on for Lierse v Sporting Charleroi [video]
- November 3, 2013
The football gods can be so cruel!
Tony Watt famously made a name for himself by scoring the winner for Celtic against Barcelona just over a year ago.
On Saturday, the on-loan Celtic forward fared a lot worse and that winner to send Parkhead wild against the Catalans must feel a long time ago today for Tony Watt.
Sent on loan to Lierse, Watt has not played much this season in Belgium, mainly due to injury and was introduced on Saturday just after the hour mark.
Within a minute Watt was sent off, for one of the quickest sendings off ever seen after what can only be described as a fairly innocuos challenge that probably only deserved a yellow card at worst.
Lierse at least went on to win the Pro League match 2-1 and it looks like their coach Stanley Menzo had full sympathy for Watt.
- Stjarnan 1 – Celtic 4: The Bhoys cruise to victory in the Champions League (Offic...
- Incredible Odds! Back Celtic to beat Starjnan in the Champions League at 4/1!!!
- Stjarnan v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Champions League qualifier
- Jordan Larsson, son of Celtic legend Henrik, scores quality curler for Helsingborg v AI...
- Ex Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura incredible 94th minute free kick golazo equaliser in J...
- Double Down! 2/1 Celtic to beat Stjarnan in the Champions League!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi