- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Celtic’s Tony Watt sent off within 40 seconds of coming on for Lierse v Sporting Charleroi [video]
The football gods can be so cruel!
Tony Watt famously made a name for himself by scoring the winner for Celtic against Barcelona just over a year ago.
On Saturday, the on-loan Celtic forward fared a lot worse and that winner to send Parkhead wild against the Catalans must feel a long time ago today for Tony Watt.
Sent on loan to Lierse, Watt has not played much this season in Belgium, mainly due to injury and was introduced on Saturday just after the hour mark.
Within a minute Watt was sent off, for one of the quickest sendings off ever seen after what can only be described as a fairly innocuos challenge that probably only deserved a yellow card at worst.
Lierse at least went on to win the Pro League match 2-1 and it looks like their coach Stanley Menzo had full sympathy for Watt.
- Updated: November 3, 2013