Cabaye heard Arsenal’s negotiations with Newcastle, Gunners said £25m a lot for a reserve
- September 2, 2013
There is a brilliant story going round on transfer deadline day about Arsenal’s approach for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye in the past few weeks.
According to the BBC’s James Pearce, the deal went dead after Newcastle owner Mike ashley allowed Cabaye a first hand audio recording of Arsenal’s phone call in which they made their bid.
Pearce wrote on Twitter:
I’m told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: “25 million a lot for a reserve” #moodchanger
Newcastle are demanding £20 million plus for Cabaye after immediately rejecting Arsenal’s initial offer of 10 million pounds.
I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve" #moodchanger
— James Pearce (@Pearcesport) September 2, 2013
- Arsene Wenger spotted in Paris, could Arsenal land Edinson Cavani? (Pictures)
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem got stamped on for Rangers on Sunday (Video)
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes spectacular 92nd minute save in 2-1 win v Juvent...
- Arsenal loanee Gedion Zelalem bags lovely through ball assist on Rangers league debut (...
- ‘It’s not worth celebrating’ Arsenal fans’ bizarre reaction aft...
- Arsenal fans react to claims Riyad Mahrez could move from Leicester (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...