Cabaye heard Arsenal’s negotiations with Newcastle, Gunners said £25m a lot for a reserve
- September 2, 2013
There is a brilliant story going round on transfer deadline day about Arsenal’s approach for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye in the past few weeks.
According to the BBC’s James Pearce, the deal went dead after Newcastle owner Mike ashley allowed Cabaye a first hand audio recording of Arsenal’s phone call in which they made their bid.
Pearce wrote on Twitter:
I’m told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: “25 million a lot for a reserve” #moodchanger
Newcastle are demanding £20 million plus for Cabaye after immediately rejecting Arsenal’s initial offer of 10 million pounds.
I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve" #moodchanger
— James Pearce (@Pearcesport) September 2, 2013
- Raheem Sterling tops list of 20 most valuable youngsters ft. Man United & Arsenal ...
- No Sh*t Sherlock: Sky Sports rank Fergie 1st, Wenger 2nd in Best PL Manager study [Chart]
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil picks his Ultimate XI ft. 7 Real Madrid teammates & Ang...
- Ronald Koeman admits that Man United & Arsenal target Morgan Schneiderlin missed t...
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi