Cabaye heard Arsenal’s negotiations with Newcastle, Gunners said £25m a lot for a reserve
- September 2, 2013
There is a brilliant story going round on transfer deadline day about Arsenal’s approach for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye in the past few weeks.
According to the BBC’s James Pearce, the deal went dead after Newcastle owner Mike ashley allowed Cabaye a first hand audio recording of Arsenal’s phone call in which they made their bid.
Pearce wrote on Twitter:
I’m told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: “25 million a lot for a reserve” #moodchanger
Newcastle are demanding £20 million plus for Cabaye after immediately rejecting Arsenal’s initial offer of 10 million pounds.
I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve" #moodchanger
— James Pearce (@Pearcesport) September 2, 2013
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]