- Linfield’s Ivan Sproule sent off for putting his shirt on the corner flag v Glentoran [Video]
- Top 5 Soccer AM 2014 car park goals ft Arsenal hero David Seaman & ex-West Ham man Dean Ashton
- A young Irish Man United fan goes crazy when he gets tickets for Christmas [Video]
- Late Christmas present? Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud spotted shopping in Victoria Secret [Picture]
- Lukas Podolski: ‘In the next few days I’m going to talk to Arsene Wenger’ [Super Express]
Brilliant Sunday Sun back page hits back at Alan Pardew for blaming Newcastle fan anger on local press
Kudos to the Sunday Sun for an excellent back page, hitting back at beleaguered Newcastle boss Alan Pardew.
After Newcastle lost 1-0 at Stoke today, the Toon’s fourth successive defeat, Alan Pardew said the following:
“Four defeats for Newcastle is going to bring its own pressure. I don’t think the local press have helped. Four defeats as a Newcastle manager, we have 10 senior players missing. It is a difficult hole to try to fill. Their frustration has boiled over a little bit. And we need to settle it down. The only way to settle it down is to get a win.”
So, the Sunday Sun responded in kind – with a glorious back page that puts Newcastle’s horrible recent form in perspective.
Perhaps Newcastle should have sacked Pardew after the David Meyler head butt incident.
- Updated: April 12, 2014