Brilliant Sunday Sun back page hits back at Alan Pardew for blaming Newcastle fan anger on local press
- April 12, 2014
Kudos to the Sunday Sun for an excellent back page, hitting back at beleaguered Newcastle boss Alan Pardew.
After Newcastle lost 1-0 at Stoke today, the Toon’s fourth successive defeat, Alan Pardew said the following:
“Four defeats for Newcastle is going to bring its own pressure. I don’t think the local press have helped. Four defeats as a Newcastle manager, we have 10 senior players missing. It is a difficult hole to try to fill. Their frustration has boiled over a little bit. And we need to settle it down. The only way to settle it down is to get a win.”
So, the Sunday Sun responded in kind – with a glorious back page that puts Newcastle’s horrible recent form in perspective.
Perhaps Newcastle should have sacked Pardew after the David Meyler head butt incident.
- Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is lauded for having ‘Pards’ printed on his...
- Yohan Cabaye (PSG) set for shock reunion with Alan Pardew at Crystal Palace [Mirror]
- 101 Writers Premier League Awards – John Terry and Harry Kane scoop prizes
- Alan Pardew rubbishes accusation that he’s to blame for Newcastle plight [Video]
- Alan Pardew puts £60 million price tag on star player Yannick Bolasie [Video]
- Alan Pardew denies that he’s trying to sign Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi