Brazilian Nuts! Coach chokes ref, lino hit by a stone but the game ends & police say no trouble
- April 30, 2013
The final of the Copa Sul dos Campeões, an amateur competition in Criciúma, Brazil, was mayhem.
Internacional faced São Defende in the showpiece at the weekend, and, after Inter took an early lead, a collision of players on the edge of their box resulted with São Defende replying with their fists.
A São player boxed an opponent to the deck and referee Edésio Weber was forced to issue his first red card of the day. But then ref Weber became his own worst enemy as he sent off Internacional’s victim of the attack also. Cue craziness.
Incensed at their teammates’ dismissal, Inter’s team hunted the ref down like a pack of wolves. The official managed to shimmy away to safety with the aid of his linesmen, but moments later he was gasping for air as, unbelievably, Inter’s coach choked him.
Somewhat incredibly, the match continued. That was until a stone thrown from the crowd flattened a linesman for several minutes, during which time he received a soda shower from another furious supporter.
At the end, Internacional won the final 3-0, and according to local reports there were no complaints received by the police for violence at the game.
The teams have, however, agreed to come together to pay for a damaged fence.
Watch the mayhem from the match of the week in Brazil below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...