Brazilian advert destroys Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa after he chose to play for Spain
- November 17, 2013
In recent weeks, in-form Atletico Madrid striker was given the choice to play for Brazil or Spain.
Born in Brazil, ahead of a home World Cup, many thought the forward would choose Brazil but Costa has made it clear he now feels Spain is his home.
Brazilians aren’t best pleased and Volkswagon’s advertisement in Brazil has gone with the brutal tagline, “Unlike Diego Costa, this car fills Brazilians with pride”.
In the radio advertisement, Brazil are beating Spain 1-0 in the World Cup final, but Spain have been awarded a last minute penalty to draw level.
Diego Costa steps up for Spain… but misses. And Brazil are crowned World champions.
The commentator then repeatedly shouts “Suck on that Diego Costa” (‘Chupa, Diego Costa!’). #ChupaDiegoCosta subsequently trended on Twitter.
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Brazil players blamed Thiago Silva on the pitch for handball before shoot-out [Video]
- Individual highlights: New Liverpool star Roberto Firmino v Paraguay [video]
- Paraguay stun Brazil, eliminating Dunga’s side on penalties [Official Highlights]
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino struggles for Brazil v Paraguay [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi