- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Bild report that Lewis Holtby is leaving Spurs to return to Schalke
Reliable German newspaper Bild have splashed with the news on Monday night that Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby looks set for a return to Schalke.
Holtby only joined Tottenham 12 months ago but has struggled to nail down a place in the first team, despite being a favourite with the fans.
Partly due to injury, Holtby has struggled to make much impact on new Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood and the arrival of Nabil Bentaleb to the first team picture means he is unlikely to get many opportunities.
“A source close to Holtby” was quoted in the English media in recent days, appearing to welcome a move back to the Bundesliga and Schalke need reinforcements in the middle of the park.
According to said “source”: “Lewis is becoming increasingly frustrated at Tottenham. He fears his face just does not fit and would welcome a move back home if the right offer came along.”
Holtby was pictured on his Facebook page earlier today, on an aeroplane heading back to Germany – although he said it was for a film premiere.
- Updated: January 13, 2014