Bild report that Lewis Holtby is leaving Spurs to return to Schalke
- January 13, 2014
Reliable German newspaper Bild have splashed with the news on Monday night that Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby looks set for a return to Schalke.
Holtby only joined Tottenham 12 months ago but has struggled to nail down a place in the first team, despite being a favourite with the fans.
Partly due to injury, Holtby has struggled to make much impact on new Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood and the arrival of Nabil Bentaleb to the first team picture means he is unlikely to get many opportunities.
“A source close to Holtby” was quoted in the English media in recent days, appearing to welcome a move back to the Bundesliga and Schalke need reinforcements in the middle of the park.
According to said “source”: “Lewis is becoming increasingly frustrated at Tottenham. He fears his face just does not fit and would welcome a move back home if the right offer came along.”
Holtby was pictured on his Facebook page earlier today, on an aeroplane heading back to Germany – although he said it was for a film premiere.
- Spurs loanee Lewis Holtby angrily confronts irate Hamburg fans after 2-0 loss [Video]
- Tottenham’s Lewis Holtby joins Hamburg permanently in €6.5m deal [BILD]
- Roberto Soldado posts another picture of Erik Lamela sleeping
- Lewis Holtby posts great picture on FB after Spurs win at West Ham
- Lewis Holtby posts Facebook picture with “plonkers” Christian Eriksen &...
- Tottenham’s Lewis Holtby offers Sandro a shoulder to cry on the day after Germany...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi