- Louis van Gaal post-Man United 3 – Newcastle 1: ‘We dominated for the 90 minutes’ [Video]
- Golazo! Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe scores solo stunner for Derby v Birmingham [Vine]
- QPR v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli has fastest top speed (35.53 km/h) in La Liga! [Video]
- Luka Modric nearly forgets his lines in Christmas message with Gareth Bale [Video]
Bild: Lewis Holtby could join Spurs immediately for €2m instead of next summer
German newspaper Bild speculates this evening that midfielder Lewis Holtby could join Tottenham earlier than planned, in the January transfer window, for a 2 million euro fee.
On Friday it was announced that Germany international Lewis Holtby had agreed to join Spurs in the summer when his contract at Schalke is up.
On Sunday night however, Bild suggested Holtby may leave earlier than planned.
Schalke general manager Horst Heldt is quoted as saying: “If a request comes from Tottenham, we will deal with it. That has not happened yet. But the willingness of our side is there.”
Schalke fear fan backlash towards Lewis Holtby which may jeopardise their push in the second half of the season for a top three position in the Bundesliga and Champions League football next season.
It appears as if, Schalke are looking for a quick deal if Holtby does to Spurs move in the January 2013 transfer window. Bild say the fee would be 2 million euros now and Heldt adds: “There is a limit when we would be ready. We need to rely on players or consider ourselves active in the market again.”
Holtby said he still expects to join Spurs in June rather than January, but has defended his move to north London and praised Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas.
The former Mainz midfielder said: “They’re not a small club & have an insanely good manager.” Video evidence of Lewis Holtby in action is here:
- Updated: January 6, 2013