Belgian amateur player sent off for diving… whilst being carried off on a stretcher
- March 6, 2012
A crazy scene played out in one of Belgium’s provincial leagues over the weekend in the match between Templeuve and Quevy.
Julien Lecomte is now a relatively famous name across Europe after he was sent off for diving, when in fact he was seriously injured.
The incident came late in the game with Lecomte challenging for a header in the area. He was involved in a clash of heads and reports after the match said he suffered three displaced vertebrae and concussion.
Reports claim the referee refused to change his mind on the red card, even as Lecomte was being wheeled off the pitch on a stretcher.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...