Belgian amateur player sent off for diving… whilst being carried off on a stretcher
- March 6, 2012
A crazy scene played out in one of Belgium’s provincial leagues over the weekend in the match between Templeuve and Quevy.
Julien Lecomte is now a relatively famous name across Europe after he was sent off for diving, when in fact he was seriously injured.
The incident came late in the game with Lecomte challenging for a header in the area. He was involved in a clash of heads and reports after the match said he suffered three displaced vertebrae and concussion.
Reports claim the referee refused to change his mind on the red card, even as Lecomte was being wheeled off the pitch on a stretcher.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...