Belgian amateur player sent off for diving… whilst being carried off on a stretcher
- March 6, 2012
A crazy scene played out in one of Belgium’s provincial leagues over the weekend in the match between Templeuve and Quevy.
Julien Lecomte is now a relatively famous name across Europe after he was sent off for diving, when in fact he was seriously injured.
The incident came late in the game with Lecomte challenging for a header in the area. He was involved in a clash of heads and reports after the match said he suffered three displaced vertebrae and concussion.
Reports claim the referee refused to change his mind on the red card, even as Lecomte was being wheeled off the pitch on a stretcher.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi