- PSV confirm they’ve had a telephone call from Man United about Memphis Depay
- Shay Given credits Tim Sherwood after FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool [Video]
- Pellegrini glad to see his Manchester City side bounce back with win over West Ham [Video]
- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
- Fernando Torres describes Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard as the ideal footballer [Video]
Belgian amateur player sent off for diving… whilst being carried off on a stretcher
- March 6, 2012
A crazy scene played out in one of Belgium’s provincial leagues over the weekend in the match between Templeuve and Quevy.
Julien Lecomte is now a relatively famous name across Europe after he was sent off for diving, when in fact he was seriously injured.
The incident came late in the game with Lecomte challenging for a header in the area. He was involved in a clash of heads and reports after the match said he suffered three displaced vertebrae and concussion.
Reports claim the referee refused to change his mind on the red card, even as Lecomte was being wheeled off the pitch on a stretcher.