Barcelona rejected taking Toni Kroos FOR FREE, didn’t want to damage relations with Bayern [Periodico]
- July 10, 2014
El Periodico Catalunya claim that Barcelona were offered Toni Kroos for just 25 million euros earlier this summer (during the World Cup, presumably), but Luis Enrique rejected it, feeling that Barcelona are well covered in his position, having just bought Rakitic.
But that wasn’t it; Kroos’ agent reeeealy wanted his player to play for Barcelona it seems: he then offered Kroos to Barça on A FREE, with the German coming to the Camp Nou next summer having run out his Bayern contract.
But, amazingly, Barcelona again said: thanks, but NO THANKS.
The reason, according to El Periodico Catalunya, is that Barcelona didn’t want to damage relations with Bayern, by taking one of their best players for free.
An honourable gesture from Barcelona and Luis Enrique, but with Kroos now set to sign for arch rivals Real Madrid, it’s hard to imaging the Barcelona fans would feel the same…
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Barcelona starlet Sergi Samper posts quality indoor training drill video on Facebook
- Sky Sports compile new Barcelona signing Arda Turan’s best Atletico goals [Video]
- Barcelona publish Arda Turan compilation video to celebrate €35m signing [Video]
- Sloppy Neymar had a good time at a house party in Brazil [Video]
- It’s official: Barcelona sign Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi