Barcelona rejected taking Toni Kroos FOR FREE, didn’t want to damage relations with Bayern [Periodico]
- July 10, 2014
El Periodico Catalunya claim that Barcelona were offered Toni Kroos for just 25 million euros earlier this summer (during the World Cup, presumably), but Luis Enrique rejected it, feeling that Barcelona are well covered in his position, having just bought Rakitic.
But that wasn’t it; Kroos’ agent reeeealy wanted his player to play for Barcelona it seems: he then offered Kroos to Barça on A FREE, with the German coming to the Camp Nou next summer having run out his Bayern contract.
But, amazingly, Barcelona again said: thanks, but NO THANKS.
The reason, according to El Periodico Catalunya, is that Barcelona didn’t want to damage relations with Bayern, by taking one of their best players for free.
An honourable gesture from Barcelona and Luis Enrique, but with Kroos now set to sign for arch rivals Real Madrid, it’s hard to imaging the Barcelona fans would feel the same…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...