- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
Barcelona make an official offer for Bayern’s Toni Kroos, Man United still linked to midfielder [Kicker]
The future of Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos is the top story on Germany website Kicker on Tuesday.
For months now rumours have been swirling that Kroos could be on his way out of the Allainz Arena, and Manchester United have long been billed as one of the potential suitors for his signature.
Whilst United’s interest in Kroos has long been acknowledged, consensus opinion is that the Mannschaft international will refuse to move to Old Trafford, where he would fail to play European football next term.
Kicker today claim that “Kroos is the absolute number one on the shopping list of future Manchester United coach Louis van Gaal”, however Barcelona have now stepped up with an official offer according to the German magazine.
Unfortunately Kicker fail to specific the amount of money which Barca are alleged to have offered Bayern, whilst it’s believed that a resolution to this situation will only come about once the World Cup comes to a close.
- Updated: June 24, 2014