- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Barcelona challenge Man United to land Atletico Madrid star Koke, valued at €30m [SPORT]
A day after Spanish paper El Confidencial reported that Manchester United were trying to land Atletico Madrid star Koke, Iberian daily SPORT are now detailing that Barcelona are also in the mix for the Rojiblancos midfielder.
According to yesterday’s reports, Man United were mulling over Koke’s €60m release clause whilst also getting ready to offer the player a salary of five million euros per season.
Now, however, SPORT say that Barcelona’s new manager Luis Enrique wants to sign the 22-year-old also.
In their article supplementing their front page splash, SPORT report that Barca value Koke’s intensity and versatility, whilst adding that the Catalans hope to land the player for €30m.
SPORT also claim that Atletico are lining up Ivan Rakitic from Sevilla as a potential replacement for Koke.
For the record, the Spanish midfielder said earlier this week he would like to remain at Atletico and he is contracted to the club until the end of the 2017/2018 season.
- Updated: May 30, 2014