Barcelona challenge Man United to land Atletico Madrid star Koke, valued at €30m [SPORT]
- May 30, 2014
A day after Spanish paper El Confidencial reported that Manchester United were trying to land Atletico Madrid star Koke, Iberian daily SPORT are now detailing that Barcelona are also in the mix for the Rojiblancos midfielder.
According to yesterday’s reports, Man United were mulling over Koke’s €60m release clause whilst also getting ready to offer the player a salary of five million euros per season.
Now, however, SPORT say that Barcelona’s new manager Luis Enrique wants to sign the 22-year-old also.
In their article supplementing their front page splash, SPORT report that Barca value Koke’s intensity and versatility, whilst adding that the Catalans hope to land the player for €30m.
SPORT also claim that Atletico are lining up Ivan Rakitic from Sevilla as a potential replacement for Koke.
For the record, the Spanish midfielder said earlier this week he would like to remain at Atletico and he is contracted to the club until the end of the 2017/2018 season.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]