Barcelona agree personal terms with Marco Reus; set to bid €35m for Dortmund star [Sport]
- June 9, 2014
Marco Reus may be missing the World Cup due to an injury picked up in Germany’s final friendly before Brazil 2014, but he looks set to make headlines this summer regardless.
Catalan paper Sport have revealed on Monday that Barcelona have agreed personal terms with Reus and are keen to make the Borussia Dortmund playmaker their star signing of the summer.
New Barcelona coach Luis Enrique is eager to field a front three of Reus, Neymar and Messi next season and Sport suggest there is already a verbal agreement with the Dortmund attacker.
Sport suggest that Reus is more “economically viable” than Sergio Aguero who was heavily linked with Barcelona, apparently on the request of Lionel Messi.
Nevertheless, Barcelona have to convince Dortmund to sell one of their star players, according to Sport, Reus is keen on the move.
Reus wants to play in a bigger European league than the Bundesliga which is dominated by Bayern Munich.
Finally, Sport add that negotiations between Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund could last for weeks and it could be a long negotiating process for Andoni Zubizarreta, sporting director of the La Liga giants.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...