Barcelona agree personal terms with Marco Reus; set to bid €35m for Dortmund star [Sport]
- June 9, 2014
Marco Reus may be missing the World Cup due to an injury picked up in Germany’s final friendly before Brazil 2014, but he looks set to make headlines this summer regardless.
Catalan paper Sport have revealed on Monday that Barcelona have agreed personal terms with Reus and are keen to make the Borussia Dortmund playmaker their star signing of the summer.
New Barcelona coach Luis Enrique is eager to field a front three of Reus, Neymar and Messi next season and Sport suggest there is already a verbal agreement with the Dortmund attacker.
Sport suggest that Reus is more “economically viable” than Sergio Aguero who was heavily linked with Barcelona, apparently on the request of Lionel Messi.
Nevertheless, Barcelona have to convince Dortmund to sell one of their star players, according to Sport, Reus is keen on the move.
Reus wants to play in a bigger European league than the Bundesliga which is dominated by Bayern Munich.
Finally, Sport add that negotiations between Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund could last for weeks and it could be a long negotiating process for Andoni Zubizarreta, sporting director of the La Liga giants.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]