Balls of steel! Antonio Candreva scores a Panenka penalty with 1st shot of Spain-Italy shoot-out!
- June 27, 2013
It was a penalty shoot-out of the highest class.
Where two of the finest goalkeepers to ever grace the game, failed to come close to saving a spot kick.
Yet, it was Lazio midfielder Antonio Candreva, one of the least-known players on the pitch, who set the tone and arguably scored the best penalty of the shoot-out in Italy’s 7-6 defeat to Spain.
Not many players score a Panenka with the first attempt and Candreva must have balls of steel.
Get it wrong and it would have been difficult for Italy to come back psychologically.
GIF and video below. On the video just listen to the Italian commentary!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi