Balls of steel! Antonio Candreva scores a Panenka penalty with 1st shot of Spain-Italy shoot-out!
- June 27, 2013
It was a penalty shoot-out of the highest class.
Where two of the finest goalkeepers to ever grace the game, failed to come close to saving a spot kick.
Yet, it was Lazio midfielder Antonio Candreva, one of the least-known players on the pitch, who set the tone and arguably scored the best penalty of the shoot-out in Italy’s 7-6 defeat to Spain.
Not many players score a Panenka with the first attempt and Candreva must have balls of steel.
Get it wrong and it would have been difficult for Italy to come back psychologically.
GIF and video below. On the video just listen to the Italian commentary!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...